Hit 300k miles today

My MIL has the same car, though white, with 250k miles on it. I’ve thought it was a great looking car since my in-laws bought it.

They are hard on cars, but have 2 Nissans, the other being a Versa, that have been the most reliable for them. It’s one of the reason I have had three Nissans in my fleet.

Congrats on 300k!

Weird to see a 2.5 with the leather interior. It’s in impressive shape for 300k miles, good job!
With the shape the car is in, and the current market doing the trans might be worth it…
I might see 200k miles out of my G5, but not a lot more, def not 300k. At 187k now.

If it were mine I would do a transmission fluid change and include some Lucas transmission treatment. I have heard good things about Lucas transmission fluid treatment here on Bob is the oil guy. Most additives are snake oil but I haven't seen anyone post negative things about the Lucas.

Please let us know your oil change interval in miles/months, and what brand/type of oil you use.

Most OCI's were from 5000 to 7000. ATF spill and fill performed every 30k to 40k. I recently purchaced a 2016 Accord a couple months back as a replacement for the Altima. No current plans to replace the transmission.
This is very impressive: 300k miles with OCI: 5k to 7k miles. Could you share with us what brand, type, and viscosity oil(s) you were using.

This is very impressive: 300k miles with OCI: 5k to 7k miles. Could you share with us what brand, type, and viscosity oil(s) you were using.
I've actually used a lot of 5w30 Supertech synthetic over the years. I was never very picky with the brand of oil I used, just the interval.

I've actually used a lot of 5w30 Supertech synthetic over the years. I was never very picky with the brand of oil I used, just the interval.
Thanks. I'm using SuperTech Full Synthetic High Mileage 5W-30 at 4,000 mile / 6 month intervals (whichever comes first).
I have a realistic target of reaching 300,000 miles in the 4 minivans I own, as 3 out of 4 of them are being driven almost 20k miles each a year due to long hybrid commute and also kids with a long college daily commute from home.

I've ran some engine flushes and then added the new oil which included 1 quart HPL EC30 + 3.5 Quarts ST HMFS 5W-30 and ran for 4k miles (for 3 consecutive oil changes in each vehicle), to try to keep the inside of the engine clean from past owners potential poor maintenance.

Thanks for sharing your 300K mile story.

Unless a vehicle has a sentimantal attach for me (like Dads truck I keep), I don't want to keep anything much past 300K. Its best days are far behind it. Then even if its running perfectly, the safety, MPG's, emmissions, tech, etc. won't ever be up to the higher standards of a newer vehicle.

Congrats on making it to 300k mi! I’m hoping to get our 3 Pontiac Vibes to get there! At 299,999 mi. the odometer stops working so I guess I’ll just have to rely on the trip meters for maintenance

Good on OP! I kept my 2000 VW GTI from 2003-2018 and I drove it for over 350k miles. By the end, the transmission was shifting very rough, the engine had developed a bad misfire, and the interior was starting to fall apart. I donated it to a charity, and it still ran enough for the tow truck driver to drive it onto the truck. As pitiful as it was at the end, it still looked nice. I still miss "Little Red". RIP.

Back