Hit 300k miles today

Finally hit my goal of 300k miles today on the 05 Altima. I have been looking forward to this milestone for some time now. Original 2.5 engine and transmission, however the transmission is on its last leg and has been slipping for the last 20k or so. My brother sold it to me in 2017 for almost nothing with 90k on it. I have mostly used it as my work commuter and put 140 / day about five days a week for the last seven years or so. Being an oil nerd like everyone else on this site, I have been pretty strict with fluid change intervals. Used a lot of Supertech and Belray synthetic and Maxlife ATF. The car has never been to a shop for any maintenance, other than front end alignments. I have performed all fluid changes and other minor work myself. A few pics below.
20230901_125318.jpg
20230901_125339.jpg
20230901_125443.jpg
20230901_125531.jpg
20230901_124113.jpg

Does this use a CVT? 300K miles is impressive! Have you had to replace any of the belt driven accessories, alternator, water pump, etc?

Does this use a CVT? 300K miles is impressive! Have you had to replace any of the belt driven accessories, alternator, water pump, etc?
No CVT on this one, just a 4 speed Jatco. Original alternator and water pump, believe it or not. I did replace the tensioner and pulley a couple times though. The first cat was also replace as a preventative maintenance around 200k. New fuel pump around 100k. A bit of new front end parts over the years, control arms, tie rods and wheel bearings. Also replaced the plugs several times.

You should get you some stickers, Nissan of course, but not sure if anyone sells those as very few Nissans have earned the first one letalone the others.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
You are correct, very surprising out of a Nissan. No big surprise for a Toyota though. Good job on that one!! Is this the infamous Sequoia?

Last edited:
That’s awesome. My wife has a 2015 with cvt just over 88K miles but doing great so far . I did a 3X drain and fill around the 50K mile mark with Castrol cvt fluid and a single drain/fill at 75K mile mark and will continue with 25-30K intervals. Oil changes in the 5-8K mile mark. Drain/refill radiator fluid, spark plugs, pads and rotors. Hoping it last a long time.

Like @harry j has said before, fluids are the lifeblood of a car, keep them changed and with luck it should last you hopefully.

That’s too bad about the transmission. What was your fluid change interval if you don’t mind me asking? Plans for a new/rebuilt tranny?

Great job!

That’s awesome. My wife has a 2015 with cvt just over 88K miles but doing great so far . I did a 3X drain and fill around the 50K mile mark with Castrol cvt fluid and a single drain/fill at 75K mile mark and will continue with 25-30K intervals. Oil changes in the 5-8K mile mark. Drain/refill radiator fluid, spark plugs, pads and rotors. Hoping it last a long time.

Like @harry j has said before, fluids are the lifeblood of a car, keep them changed and with luck it should last you hopefully.

That’s too bad about the transmission. What was your fluid change interval if you don’t mind me asking? Plans for a new/rebuilt tranny?

Great job!
Most OCI's were from 5000 to 7000. ATF spill and fill performed every 30k to 40k. I recently purchaced a 2016 Accord a couple months back as a replacement for the Altima. No current plans to replace the transmission.

Finally hit my goal of 300k miles today on the 05 Altima. I have been looking forward to this milestone for some time now. Original 2.5 engine and transmission, however the transmission is on its last leg and has been slipping for the last 20k or so. My brother sold it to me in 2017 for almost nothing with 90k on it. I have mostly used it as my work commuter and put 140 / day about five days a week for the last seven years or so. Being an oil nerd like everyone else on this site, I have been pretty strict with fluid change intervals. Used a lot of Supertech and Belray synthetic and Maxlife ATF. The car has never been to a shop for any maintenance, other than front end alignments. I have performed all fluid changes and other minor work myself. A few pics below. View attachment 176269View attachment 176270View attachment 176271View attachment 176272View attachment 176273
Congrats! Post it at Mileage Impossible on Facebook. We have over 170,000 members who enjoy high mile cars.

Back