Highly optimistic Craigslist ad for 2000 Tacoma

$19k for a regular cab manual with hand crank windows and “some rust.” 39k miles. It probably didn’t cost that much new. As a point of reference my brother paid around $20k for his 2000 Tacoma but it was an extra cab with an auto.

I would love to know how much he eventually gets for it.

I’m not a Tacoma expert but that looks like more than 39k miles to me. The floor mat is pretty gross and it is rusty underneath. Maybe parked on gravel or grass for a long time but it seems rough for the alleged mileage.

The frame on my 2004 Silverado with 143,000 miles on it looks better than that. And mine has 19 Illinois winters to show for it.
Apparently, he bought it with 14,000 miles out of Buffalo, NY.
And for that kind of money, he needs to replace the busted taillight and have the scratches professionally touched up.

Last edited:
It aint worth 19k, let alone 16k. It will still sell to someone who think its valuable, but nothing will stop it from being small, cramped, under-powered, noisy, and yesterdays technology.

Back then a 2006 ranger 4.0 4x4 with MT and XLT (power windows locks etc) was 20k

If it doesnt have major rust damage its prob worth 10k with toyota tax.
real price 6500.

Also looks bad for 39k miles maybe 139k?

I commend the seller for putting the frame pics up though. High price or not at least there showing the condition.

if the rust isnt more than superficial it would benefit highly from an oil spray.

if the rust isnt more than superficial it would benefit highly from an oil spray.
Those were the years with the frame failure problems IIRC. My brother’s 2000 is no longer drivable because it’s starting to fold in the middle, but at least he put 200k+ on it before that happened.

Yeah I'm wondering what this would look like after hammering it with a chipping hammer
1701656394802.png

Chipping hammer (for those unfamiliar)
1701656503168.jpg

Yeah I'm wondering what this would look like after hammering it with a chipping hammer
I'm not sure that spot is that bad... it's the spots you can't see. I think that's passenger side, which usually isn't as bad?

Won't say pass, but at any price that has 5 digits... hard pass.

There is someone out there that would get good use out of it, once it drops $15K in price.

The rust does not look bad for the region. Scaling superficial unless the seller chose not to show the worst of it... which is highly possible if it's a meth addict that thinks it is worth the bother to start out asking $19K.

All we can know for certain is that the seller lives on another planet and no normal rules apply to vehicles on that planet, so sort of the worst of the worst gambles, thinking someone with so little common sense, would maintain a vehicle appropriate to any, let alone that, higher than market value.

You’re definitely not from Seattle

That truck would have 203k miles on it and be a 2wd prerunner and the seller would still be asking that much

Back