High School Reunions - Generational thing?

I didn't even attend my HS graduation in 2006/07 or whenever that was. Not really interested in attending a reunion, not that I think there even was an attempt at one. One of my best friends and his wife are people I went to high school with so I just talk to them when I want to reminisce.

I'm 50 so solid GenX/graduated from HS in 1991. I did my 10 year and it was a lot of fun. Missed the 20 and then 30 was during Covid so didn't happen. I'd go to a 40 year for sure if they do it b/c I still live close enough. I do think this is more anchored in the Boomer and beyond generations. I still maintain some contact via social media with some HS folks but overall, don't spend any time with that group but that doesn't take away from the fun it it is to get back with folks even after a long time and reminisce about the old days!

Enjoyed them somewhat when I was single and the girls were still young, but not so much after marriage and the women are all now Grandmothers (!)
I was only in my graduating HS for two years so I didn't know a ton of people or even remember many. I keep in touch and hang out now and them with my five good friends from H.S. One ended up my brother in law. LOL.

My 50th is coming up in two years.

I've been to my 10th, 20th and 30th and enjoyed them all. Really though it's more an excuse to visit my hometown than to see the people, but it's good to see them. Also make excuses to go to the coast and the mountains while I'm there, go to a winery or two, do all the touristy Oregon stuff. No sales tax is nice also if I have a big ticket item to purchase other than a car - they get you on the cars no matter what when you register them.

But yeah in general Oregon is beautiful and an enjoyable summer visit. So I go to my reunions lol.

Didn't go, wouldn't really care to
Those who I care for, I keep in touch with
This song was trending when I was in middle school, oh how we laughed
With age comes wisdom, they were right :unsure:

i graduated from a regional high school in a new england college town. we had a good mix of kids of townies, professors, college workers, hill people, farmers. some cliques among jocks, greasers, hippies but everyone at least got along. i went to the 25th and kinda enjoyed it. with a couple of exceptions i never see anyone from those days, having had a career overseas. i planned to attend the 50th. instructions were sent out requesting pcr tests, shot records, masks… i wrote to an old buddy jocularly asking “hey what’s up with this noise?” without any profanity or anger. he replied literally “gfy.” i laughed it off, sent $50 anyway to buy a reunion cake, and ended up that same weekend in bangkok with my one hometown (childhood through h.s.) best friend, who is a long-time teacher in japan. we had a pleasant mini reunion of two.

My parents moved us to another province early in my senior year, so I didn't graduate with the crew I'd gone through most of high school with. I have seen reunion notices online, but have not attended. I live about 1400 km away now. I've lost touch with my friends from that era.

I don't think the high school I graduated from has had a reunion. The graduating class was sort of splintered into groups that didn't interact a lot - jocks, potheads, nerds, etc. I have kept in touch with one good friend from there. We live about 2500 km apart but have visited a few times over the last several years, and email regularly.

I haven't attended a college or university reunion either. I'm not antisocial, but don't like big crowds.

Back