High quality office chair

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suffer from persistent back pain, caused by my bad posture & by the cheapy office chairs I sit in for 9.5 hours a day. At some point within the coming year, I will be buying a new office chair. I'm not talking about some $150 big-box store cheapo.
nono.gif

Since I spend close to half of every day in a chair, I'm going to be looking at something in the $500-$600 range. I want a high-quality leather,classic style, high back executive type chair; maybe one with the big recessed brass buttons. Can the BITOGers recommend a good one?

Thanks in advance.

Actually, unless you correct your posture no chair in the world will fix that back pain. I'm in the same boat. But after a few Dr visits and more than a few changes of chairs, it was apparent that it wasn't the chair; it was me.

darn....a new chair is a LOT more fun!

so buy whatever you like but don't expect it to fix your back.

btw....i like your tastes, my recliner is like that at home but it cost about 3k.

I have 2 leather office chairs from Staples and as long as I keep my posture correct they are both comfortable. The chair in my office at home I can (and have) fall asleep in if I put my feet up on the desk while waiting for something on the computer.

Both chairs were less than $200 each. As kenw said-you have to correct your posture yourself.

I have tried the expensive "ergonomic" chairs and can't stand them.

Make sure whichever chair you get is the right size and shape for your body, and that it, the keyboard, and the monitor are at the right heights. Sorry if the rest sounds obvious, but sizing the chair can be tricky. What have you done about your bed?

You do not need a super expensive chair believe me. I have sat in lots of $500 leather chairs..believe me.

The chair that I have for the last 8 years is from Staples. It has a very high back. Do yourself a vavor and just go to Staples type place and sit on every chair. Keep visiting stores until you find a comfortable.

I repeat You do not necessarily need an expensive chair..believe me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back