Chronic pain

I was informed today that my pharm will no longer fill any narcotics ....i take 30 mg methadone a day and 10mg x3 norco....
I broke my back years ago and have had two bothched operations......I have a hard time walking using a walker so i use a power chair outside the house....now without pain killers i face nasty withdrawls at my age and condition my kill me.... I have heart "copd "lung and kidney problems and because some idiot kid OD's everday....my life will end soon.
I told my doctor id rather be dead also back last month....Im going to me forced to stay in bed till i die in horrible pain everytime i move....the anti opitate has gone to far .....my friend's wife killed herself back in July at 66 for the same reason only she had suffered a near fatal auto crash 22 years ago and was in a power chair like me from broke back and some burns....she took her last full script about 60 oxycodone and took the whole bottle and was dead in 15/20 mins....she wrote a letter saying she would rather be dead than live her life in horrible pain and suffer till she dies....first time i cried since my wife had died.....she was a wonderful person....but backed into a hole that she could not win.....i dont blame her cause i know how she feels.
Im sure some mother is upset her kid bought heroin and killed himself but he has a choice ....older over 60 adults are not trying to get high....we are just trying to get by for what time we have without pain.

I wish you the best. I hurt my back many years ago playing football and lifting weights. I know this is nothing in comparison.
I wish you the best even though I know wishes are nothing. Only action gets results.

My wife's life was forever changed when she was hit head-on 14 years ago. I can somewhat empathize. Please seek out a professional counselor to assist you through this and find a solution. It is more manly to accept help than to be stubborn and die miserable. Please disregard if this does not apply to you.

Don't endure this alone. Seek professional help. Here's a start: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/groups/texas?category=chronic-pain You must self advocate for yourself. You can't count on anyone else. Get on the phone and start calling numbers in my link.

Wishing you the best, and prayers sent.

Last edited:
I got off the phone with my GF best friend back in MN she is having the same problem at 68 yeears old she is the daughter of a Lutheren pastor who was in a light plane crash in her teens in Africa, spending years in a hospital in Germany getting over it and had several surgeries.... she had been all over the world with her father and the church....she told me she does not believe in taking your own life from church teachings but her pain is so bad she says she figures God will undersrand her reason if it comes to it.....I told her i understand more than you know....and she is a retired nurse also. MN is a liberal state compared to TX ...so the anti opiates is everywhere now.

I wish you the best. I hurt my back many years ago playing football and lifting weights. I know this is nothing in comparison.
I wish you the best even though I know wishes are nothing. Only action gets results.
Thanks....its like when my wife died....all the im sorry dont make you feel any better...but thanks for the thought

Not to sound unsympathetic, but have you tried a different pharmacy? I understand all to well what you are going through as I tore a disc in my neck as a result of a fall.

Not to sound unsympathetic, but have you tried a different pharmacy? I understand all to well what you are going through as I tore a disc in my neck as a result of a fall.
Yes....its some new CDC guideline....its everywhere now....everybody is scred they will be in a class action suite

I know the feeling. I have had 2 back surgeries and 3 neck surgeries for bad disks. It apparently is hereditary in my case. My father had disc problems and my sister has also. I was holding up pretty good until lately. I now have a mid back disk that nobody will do surgery on. I am lucky because I have a good pain management doctor. He is no pill pusher and is very strict with the dosages he will prescribe. I do not know what I would do if he wasn't for him. It is strange to me how narcotics affect people. They have never given me a "high" just calmed the pain. I have seen other people who get high as a kite if they take one. The law makers never seem the understand the consequences of their actions sometimes.
I pray for you and hope you can get the help you need.

My brother has been on methadone for years - he needs a double knee replacement and the insurance won't cover the surgery until he's 55 because they're concerned he'll need a second double replacement in his lifetime and they don't want to pay twice.

My mother is just a legit pill-popping drug addict and she has no problem finding people and pharmacies to Rx her narcotics. She recently "fell" and needed a shoulder and knee replacement - I'm pretty sure she threw herself down the stairs for drugs.

What's the rationale of the pharmacist? Methadone is primarily used to treat intractable chronic pain and heroine withdrawal - it is being prescribed as indicated. I wish you well. Chronic pain is not a joke.

Thats hard core dude....
Surgery is out.....I had one doc told me he would not perform and surgery on me at any cost......that how bad my back is.....he said if i was 45 years old but at my age with all my problems..... anytime you have surgery its a high risk....im already stage 3-4 ckd.....im fight a nasty kidney infection right now

Called unintended consequences. My daughter has arthritis, one of the widely used meds is also used off-label by doctors to end dangerous tubal pregnancies. Now thanks to the recent Supreme Court ruling many states are rushing to outlaw anything and everything related to abortion. Women are being denied meds they've taken for years. A male coworker of my SIL was denied this med for his condition because he might give it to his wife/girlfriend to end a pregnancy. Changing arthritis meds is a terrible ordeal and can be months of extreme pain and disability trying to find something that works.

GMH, Hope you're able to find relief for your pain somehow. What does your doctor say to do?

Called unintended consequences. My daughter has arthritis, one of the widely used meds is also used off-label by doctors to end dangerous tubal pregnancies. Now thanks to the recent Supreme Court ruling many states are rushing to outlaw anything and everything related to abortion. Women are being denied meds they've taken for years. A male coworker of my SIL was denied this med for his condition because he might give it to his wife/girlfriend to end a pregnancy. Changing arthritis meds is a terrible ordeal and can be months of extreme pain and disability trying to find something that works.

GMH, Hope you're able to find relief for your pain somehow. What does your doctor say to do?
I have to talk to her next week she was out today anf thurs.....this new crap took me by surprise....
or I end up in ER Monday .....W/D is like breaking both legs and having the worse case of flu you could think of....mybe break your arms too.....I went through it 7 years ago when my pain doc father died and she took off leaving patients high and dry ....something happened because she got ou of it 2 months later....she was not a very good doc....but sre looked good!

Last edited:
I was informed today that my pharm will no longer fill any narcotics ....i take 30 mg methadone a day and 10mg x3 norco....
I broke my back years ago and have had two bothched operations......I have a hard time walking using a walker so i use a power chair outside the house....now without pain killers i face nasty withdrawls at my age and condition my kill me.... I have heart "copd "lung and kidney problems and because some idiot kid OD's everday....my life will end soon.
I told my doctor id rather be dead also back last month....Im going to me forced to stay in bed till i die in horrible pain everytime i move....the anti opitate has gone to far .....my friend's wife killed herself back in July at 66 for the same reason only she had suffered a near fatal auto crash 22 years ago and was in a power chair like me from broke back and some burns....she took her last full script about 60 oxycodone and took the whole bottle and was dead in 15/20 mins....she wrote a letter saying she would rather be dead than live her life in horrible pain and suffer till she dies....first time i cried since my wife had died.....she was a wonderful person....but backed into a hole that she could not win.....i dont blame her cause i know how she feels.
Im sure some mother is upset her kid bought heroin and killed himself but he has a choice ....older over 60 adults are not trying to get high....we are just trying to get by for what time we have without pain.
you need to speak to your Doctor and or find another Doctor and pharmacy.

I can't claim to know exactly what you are going through, but I do think I understand. My father suffered extensive injuries in a work accident in 1959. For years he drank and took every painkiller he could get, including Percodan. After enough time had passsed, he developed a stomach ulcer and begged for something else. The doctor gave him meperidine hydrochloride (Demerol). At first it was a 0.25 CC injection only as needed, but of course the amount only increased. In the last year of his life, he was taking 3.5 CC of 100mg strength for EVERY HOUR that he was awake. I had to help with those injections because his arms and hands were almost unusable. From the accident to the end, it was 21 years of horror that started when I was 4 years old. I pray that I am never in that same place.

I can't claim to know exactly what you are going through, but I do think I understand. My father suffered extensive injuries in a work accident in 1959. For years he drank and took every painkiller he could get, including Percodan. After enough time had passsed, he developed a stomach ulcer and begged for something else. The doctor gave him meperidine hydrochloride (Demerol). At first it was a 0.25 CC injection only as needed, but of course the amount only increased. In the last year of his life, he was taking 3.5 CC of 100mg strength for EVERY HOUR that he was awake. I had to help with those injections because his arms and hands were almost unusable. From the accident to the end, it was 21 years of horror that started when I was 4 years old. I pray that I am never in that same place.
Bless you and him. I been dealing with several causes of chronic pain for 14 years on top of other medical issues that ended my working
career of about 40yrs. I hunted, fished, was an industrial mechanic + auto repair on the side + weight lifted 4 times a week. I ran 10 miles
on weekends and 4 miles on week days, did 5k races etc.. until all the physical work (plus results of car wreck in 70s) caught up with me.
Very hard to accept having to stop all the activities plus the pains.

Back