High pressure fuel pump fuel line question

Hi guys - have a customer with a '14 Equinox/2.4 that has a leaking HPFP... I can get the pump right now but the one time use tube between it and the rail shows no stock, no eta. Why is it one time use? It's all stainless steel and doesn't look to have any special compressible material - just as ball ends with a captured nut. The dealer really couldn't give any good info on it.. Anyone have any details?

Why are head gaskets one time use? I guess when you tighten them down, the surfaces form to each other microscopically. The chances of finding the same place they mated on assembly is slim. You could try and tighten a smidge more to see if it holds.

Hi guys - have a customer with a '14 Equinox/2.4 that has a leaking HPFP... I can get the pump right now but the one time use tube between it and the rail shows no stock, no eta. Why is it one time use? It's all stainless steel and doesn't look to have any special compressible material - just as ball ends with a captured nut. The dealer really couldn't give any good info on it.. Anyone have any details?
If you cant get one you have to make do with what you have, polish the ends lightly with 5000 and water in the direction of sealing, clean it off well with brake cleaner. It will seal, we used to do old MB diesel pump lines this way in a pinch (there was no 5000 back then we used 2000).
You don't change brake lines either ever time you have to do a repair on it.

If you cant get one you have to make do with what you have, polish the ends lightly with 5000 and water in the direction of sealing, clean it off well with brake cleaner. It will seal, we used to do old MB diesel pump lines this way in a pinch (there was no 5000 back then we used 2000).
You don't change brake lines either ever time you have to do a repair on it.
This is why I hang out here. Great job, Trav :cool:

I find this type of recommendation depends on vehicle manufacturer, different manufacturer with fuel systems made by the same supplier can have different recommendations for the same parts.

I would advise, inspect the mating surface of the pipe for damage, if it is visually damaged then it will require replacement or a repair that Trav has described may likely work. If it does not have any damage then refit and torque to spec.

Some OEM‘s play it safer than others and assume you are not capable of assessing the part so purely advise replacement if removed.

I've found they can be reused a few times as long as they never leaked. Worth a go anyway. In fact never had to replace HP fuel lines for that reason.

Back