High Performance Lubricants Engine Cleaner

Well my test of the HPL cleaner in my son's 2008 Solara was a flop, went to check oil and see if mileage was good for a oil change. Clean oil on dipstick, yep he decided to go and change it last week and put his current fav Valvoline Synthetic HM in.
All that hard work just to turn around and watch something like that get thrown in there. Ouch! Well you sound like a good parent you're trying to help your kid out. We can always leave the horse to water but we can't always make the horse drink the water

Well It’s finally happened
2000 mile update: So today I reached the 2000 mile mark, actually it’s 1,983 miles but due to work schedule I’m changing the filter to not exceed 2000 miles, I haven’t noticed the visible varnish from the fill hole change any but I did notice that the oil was extremely dark almost like a reddish black color which is extreme for the low mileage. I tore the filter apart and didn’t notice anything of concern or worth noting other than the deep reddish black color to the oil, off was a fram ultra and replacing it was the same, next update at 3000 miles as I plan to run this until 5000 miles at which point I’ll be dumping the Valvoline Premium Blue 5w40 and replacing it with HPL 5w40 diesel oil, gona see how many miles we can make this old cop car go before it dies

I just bought two bottles. Going to use it in a Tucson with 34945 miles on it( hopefully it gets here within the next 500 miles of driving). everything seems fine on this 2.4 so far, it has no consumption issue, oil is brown right now, and I want to run this on my normal 5k OCi’s. It’s just came off it’s last dealer courtesy changes. I take it I can use a quart with my castrol euro 5w-30 LL and Hyundai filter and run all of it to 5k?

Some evidence of Engine Cleaner doing some cleaning in @nthach's vehicle:

Is the HPL EC safe for RTV type gaskets?
Any limitations to using the product on vehicles sealed with some sort of gasket maker?

I saw a post where Dave form HPL said a lower concentration for a longer interval is a fair tradeoff.

I mentioned that a while back that I will be adding a small amount per OCI to boost the oil cleaning properties. Since the recommendation is (1:5) ratio for 2K miles for heavy cleaning.

8oz/per 5 QTS for a normal oci on a "clean" engine should help keep it clean. May need to adjust the dose but this what In will try for my clean engines.

I saw a post where Dave form HPL said a lower concentration for a longer interval is a fair tradeoff.

I mentioned that a while back that I will be adding a small amount per OCI to boost the oil cleaning properties. Since the recommendation is (1:5) ratio for 2K miles for heavy cleaning.

8oz/per 5 QTS for a normal oci on a "clean" engine should help keep it clean. May need to adjust the dose but this what In will try for my clean engines.
Do they endorse this? A maintenance dose of sorts?

Is the HPL EC safe for RTV type gaskets?
Any limitations to using the product on vehicles sealed with some sort of gasket maker?
Dave can speak to this as well, but if the surfaces that the RTV have been applied to have been previously cleaned/wiped of any oil films with a solvent, and allowed to thoroughly dry, I can't see any chemical reason why any base oil or DI component could affect a well-cured RTV.

Back