High Performance Lubricants Engine Cleaner

0702DE81-000E-4145-885A-7600769E2ED3.jpeg

Here goes nothing.

I’m about 180 miles on this fill. The oil has turned golden brown, like toast. The old oil that came out(Rotella T6 MV) was dark -very much like used HDEO. We’ll see what the next 800-2800 miles looks like.

Here's my UOA from running the HPL EC for ~1.8K miles.

Per the UOA - do you think that the addition of the 1 qt of high-ester HPL EC (30W) actually helped maintain the viscosity of the LM Molygen this go around?

OilReports-page-001.jpg

My sister's Corolla has 2K on HPL Engine Cleaner + Mobil 1 5W-30. Should I replace the oil filter and continue running this fill until the normal 5K oil interval, or should I perform a full oil and filter change now?

Just ordered up a bottle of EC gona try it for possibly a full 5k mile interval on the Crown Vic, it was a local PD vehicle and while I believe it was likely someone higher up in the department’s vehicle, due to the overall excellent condition of the interior, it still has well over 3k idle hours and is closing in on 112k miles under the oil fill cap you can see a lot of varnish. Hope to see some interesting results any thoughts on how long I should run this stuff? I’m thinking of running it with Valvoline Premium Blue Extreme 5w40

Just received 3 quarts today. We're going to give Reptoid Alien SD's 2019 Civic a fresh start after 50k miles of dealer special changes. One quart mixed with 4 quarts of ST 0W-20 to clean, then changing to Mobil 1 after.
Just wondered if anyone has ever asked if it is safe to put quarts of oil into a metric engine? :devilish:
The other 2 quarts are going on the "just in case I buy a used SUV" this year shelf.

Not sure if something is happening but at almost 200 miles the oil is a nice amber color which could be something to do with the HPL or the 5w40 Valvoline Premium Blue, the Valvoline Extended Protection did stay clear much longer so not really sure just an observation

Back