2018 VW Sportwagen 73.2K 3.7K OCI Liquimoly Molygen 5W40 + HPL Engine Cleaner

TiGeo

$50 site donor 2024
An easy post-HPDE oil change with minimal hard driving (but of course always a little!). Ran 1 qt of the High Performance Lubricants Engine Cleaner for ~1800 miles. Note I did run a bottle of Lucas octane booster which is the likely source of the magnesium and manganese that the Molygen doesn't have (maybe the lead? I ran some race fuel last go-around so maybe a remnant? Silicon is all-time low of 4 even with open-element K&N air filter. Best return yet for viscosity but this was a really short OCI with easy driving and no fuel dilution - flash point of 400 looks good. I've included my pertinent running data tables/graphs.

HPL "secret sauce" Euro 5W40 is in the crankcase now for this OCI which I plan on 5K which will include 2 track days for a HPDE at Summit Point, WV.

@High Performance Lubricants

OilReports-page-001.jpg
Capture2.JPG
Capture.JPG
Capture3.JPG

Interesting graphs… that turbo is shredding the oil. Best to keep the OCIs low like that have been. I find it hard to believe that there’s any oil out there that can withstand the abuse longer then this.

Interesting graphs… that turbo is shredding the oil. Best to keep the OCIs low like that have been. I find it hard to believe that there’s any oil out there that can withstand the abuse longer then this.
You can really see the impact of how the car is driven looking at the most recent change and the last one that was almost the same OCI but had 2 track days on it.

An easy post-HPDE oil change with minimal hard driving (but of course always a little!). Ran 1 qt of the High Performance Lubricants Engine Cleaner for ~1800 miles. Note I did run a bottle of Lucas octane booster which is the likely source of the magnesium and manganese that the Molygen doesn't have (maybe the lead? I ran some race fuel last go-around so maybe a remnant? Silicon is all-time low of 4 even with open-element K&N air filter. Best return yet for viscosity but this was a really short OCI with easy driving and no fuel dilution - flash point of 400 looks good. I've included my pertinent running data tables/graphs.

HPL "secret sauce" Euro 5W40 is in the crankcase now for this OCI which I plan on 5K which will include 2 track days for a HPDE at Summit Point, WV.

@High Performance Lubricants

View attachment 90363View attachment 90364View attachment 90365View attachment 90366
Good run but that vis seems too thick. Jmo

The manganese is from the fuel additive. The magnesium is from the HPL EC as it contains ~500 ppm Mg.

I have faith the HPL Euro 5W-40 will hold up to 5k just fine. Let her rip!

The manganese is from the fuel additive. The magnesium is from the HPL EC as it contains ~500 ppm Mg.

I have faith the HPL Euro 5W-40 will hold up to 5k just fine. Let her rip!
Figured the Mn is from the Lucas - my spark plugs are probably orange..hahahaha. Good to know that EC has the Mg.

I was looking at the prior runs where the vis was lower but seemed to perform about as well. I see, now, you are not stock and are running it harder than most. Ending vis of 10 or 11 as in your previous runs don't seem too low.

Last edited:
I was looking at the prior runs where the vis was lower but seemed to perform about as well. Now I see you are not stock and are running it hard.
For sure - I am running some oil from HPL right now that should sort that viscosity drop out.

Reactions: FZ1
Back