High Performance Lubricants Engine Cleaner

Ok, how do I get some? I apparently missed it on the website somehow (https://www.hplubricants.com)
The web store is at advlubrication.com. It has been mentioned in other threads however forcing you to find that info is not the right way to do it. We will add a link in the Automotive oils section that will take you there. We do a better job of making really good oils than telling people about them.

Thank you.

David

I really do not have a comeback 4 what you wrote since it is true, maybe we will get some feedback from members here who have used this Engine Cleaner?
Well in ~ 5 months I should have feed back on how well it cleans my Son's oil burning 2AZ-FE. It used to burn over a quart every 5000 miles, now it is down to a 1/4 quart every 5000 miles. Part of problem I think is worn valve guides in addition to sticky rings. It was on Pennzoil platinum 5w20, 1 day he bought Valvoline advanced 0w20 and the car started using less oil till it got to 1/4 quart per 5000. Will use 1 quart for that and rest will go in stash

Well in ~ 5 months I should have feed back on how well it cleans my Son's oil burning 2AZ-FE. It used to burn over a quart every 5000 miles, now it is down to a 1/4 quart every 5000 miles. Part of problem I think is worn valve guides in addition to sticky rings. It was on Pennzoil platinum 5w20, 1 day he bought Valvoline advanced 0w20 and the car started using less oil till it got to 1/4 quart per 5000. Will use 1 quart for that and rest will go in stash

Are we waiting for before / after pics, since the oil burning issue is no longer an issue after you switched oils, from what I’m understanding…? 🤔

Since the topic has come up a few times I am posting the PDS in the PCMO, Diesel, and Euro sections. This is a safe path to clean varnish and or sludge left behind by other oils. There are no solvents in this oil. It has enough ester to clean but still be safe with elastomers. Simply add a quart to the current oil and can be used for 1-2,000 miles preferably but can be run longer if needed. Changing a filter at 2,000 miles is recommended should you wish to clean further.

View attachment 76479
I just received a quart. I was planning on topping off with it toward the end of my OCI, not to exceed 2k miles. This would be the most convenient method, but is it advisable vs. adding it all at once or doing a short OCI with fresh oil? Thanks, J

I just received a quart. I was planning on topping off with it toward the end of my OCI, not to exceed 2k miles. This would be the most convenient method, but is it advisable vs. adding it all at once or doing a short OCI with fresh oil? Thanks, J

I, personally, think adding it with new oil would be better since you have a fresh DI add pack, with good TBN, to contain/control any carbon deposits that get kicked into suspension.

I would substitute one quart of a new oil change with the HPL cleaner and run it for 2k miles, changing the filter at 1k miles.

Well, I changed out on one of my vehicles at 1.5K miles after one pint of HPL engine cleaner. No doubt in my mind it worked. Oil was much nastier than usual, but I have only subjective feedback on this.

I intend to use this product as directed by HPL and hopefully get this 235K mileage engine cleaned up a little. When I replaced the head gaskets, the varnish buildup was not bad (oil changes at 5K or 3 months), but I would have liked to see the heads cleaner on the inside.

Since I had the heads reworked, I don't have a reason to open the valve covers right now. Maybe in a year or two and let's see what it looks like!

I added 450 mL (about 1/2 quart) of the HPL cleaner to my 2012 Frontier V6 and drove about 300 miles to Albert Lea Mn.(mostly highway) and back before changing oil and filter. Now, I am a frequent changer of oil and filters, but I couldn't believe the dark oil and the thickened black oil that came out of the oil filter.

The prior oil that was in there was my full synthetic SPF-5W30 WTR formula which contained a number of cleaners, and had about 3,500 miles on it.

Being a frequent changer, I though my engine would be spotless internally, but there were carbon deposits in there somewhere that not even my formula removed. The HPL engine cleaner apparently swept up those deposits and put them in suspension.

The new oil that went in is HPL's top tier 5W30 purchased from them.

So, there you have one user's experience with this engine cleaner.

Why isn't this listed on their site? Can't find it.

No idea why I couldn't find this. Thanks.

I added 450 mL (about 1/2 quart) of the HPL cleaner to my 2012 Frontier V6 and drove about 300 miles to Albert Lea Mn.(mostly highway) and back before changing oil and filter. Now, I am a frequent changer of oil and filters, but I couldn't believe the dark oil and the thickened black oil that came out of the oil filter.

The prior oil that was in there was my full synthetic SPF-5W30 WTR formula which contained a number of cleaners, and had about 3,500 miles on it.

Being a frequent changer, I though my engine would be spotless internally, but there were carbon deposits in there somewhere that not even my formula removed. The HPL engine cleaner apparently swept up those deposits and put them in suspension.

The new oil that went in is HPL's top tier 5W30 purchased from them.

So, there you have one user's experience with this engine cleaner.
I think the notion that you can't get any better than just running XYZ oil that has it's own cleaning properties is a bit overplayed here on BITOG. You can always do better. Your engine will always have some deposits. The real question is always - does it matter. I think it's always better to have less than more deposits. I've run the engine flushes in my Sportwagen a number of times, for $10 it just can't hurt and can only help. Curious on this product as it's a bit different than a idle for 10min type flush.

Back