Hengst E818H D238 for MB GLA250

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys.
I've got this filter from RMEuropean store and wanted to share pictures of it as I couldn't find any real life images when purchased.
There're 2 things I'm interested in
1. The box was just a paper one and not the original (see the original attached)
2. Says "made in Poland", while Hengst is originally German. There is info on the web they've opened a factory in Poland around April this year.

IMG_0315.jpg

IMG_0318.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-12-26 at 11.18.36 AM.png

IMG_0319.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg

IMG_0316.jpg

IMG_0317.jpg

It looks typical Hengst and very high quality. I specify this brand for my BMW. They're a bit difficult to find but if you have a source then I'd stick with it.

The ADBV with a cartridge is something new to me. All the more reason to buy quality.

Nice looking filter.

First time seeing an adbv on cartridge filter application, intriguing. Had go to a youtube to see exactly how it's oriented in the housing. I like the idea.

Cartridge looks well made, based anecdotes here typical Hengst. The Hengst ACDelco cartridge for ecotec engines always looked well made and made in the US. Though some folks say newest ACDelco ecotec cartridge still Hengst, I'm skeptical. No Hengst logo imprinted on endcap like previous one, and topic. Other differences too.

As for coo, afaik Wix makes some cartridge oil filters and AFs in Poland. I'd have no problem using this cartridge.

Thanks for pics.

I been using German made Hengst oil filters for at least 10 years in our BMWs. I too have noticed the new ones are Polish made. I don't notice any real differences between them and will continue to use Hengst.

Speaking of eastern European made filters. I bought a pair of Bulgarian made Mahles for our Passat. They went directly into the trash. The filter paper was a dark brown, parched color, almost as if it had been sitting in the sun for months.

FWIW,

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back