Helped grandmother buy a new C-Max

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I first saw a C-max, I thought they looked like a great people/stuff mover for its footprint.

Should suit her much better than an Edge - those are huge on the outside!

Would be curious what kind of gas mileage she gets out of it. I have a 2013 Prius and just put 10k on it and at 49.4mpg since new. Some of the people on priuschat.com have gone from Prius to C-Max when considering upgrading (space) to a Prius V. I really am not impressed with Ford's small vehicles and their interiors that looks like it was designed by a child after watching Transformers. I did ride in one of their new full sized trucks and it had a nice interior though.
Screen-Shot-2013-01-23-at-11.20.19-AM.png

Top line is regular Prius, middle line is Prius V (bigger Prius) and bottom C-Max.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: millerbl00
Let me really blow your mind.

60mph = 25mpg
65mph = 24mpg
70mph = 23mpg
74mpg = 21.5mpg

stop and go 20mpg

Ok, but is that Imperial mpg?

My Furd F-15000 gets 90Mpg making 3,000HP and towing the Titanic on a trailer with seized brakes up the side of Everest with a 150Mph headwind through 6ft of snow in 8-wheel drive with chains and studs at 200Mph.

grin.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
My Furd F-15000 gets 90Mpg making 3,000HP and towing the Titanic on a trailer with seized brakes up the side of Everest with a 150Mph headwind through 6ft of snow in 8-wheel drive with chains and studs at 200Mph.

grin.gif

And only cost $1500.
grin.gif

grin.gif

I don't know if anyone remembers that this is the same guy who was absolutely inflamed about the new tech in pickup trucks. 2012 is soooooo old school!

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
grin.gif

I don't know if anyone remembers that this is the same guy who was absolutely inflamed about the new tech in pickup trucks. 2012 is soooooo old school!

I think they switched from carburetors to EFI in 2013.
grin.gif

I may buy a 1999 Cherokee 5 speed manual that gets 18MPG for $2000 and it has 186000 miles on it.

This is, clearly, a better choice for a grandmother with a bad hip that drives 50 Miles or more a day! Nick, I recommend your grandmother get rid of her brand new C-Max with a warranty, that gets mid 40s MPG for this $2000 Cherokee.

Last edited:
Wow, That's a lot for a small car. Only spent 16k on my silverado

MMM. No its a loaded LS. Gets 24mpg.
If you need a tow let me know when your high tech dies..

2012 WITH 9K MILES
you don't have to pay a lot if you shop right...

For $11,000 LESS only 9k more miles. that's a saving of $1200 per 1000 miles.
Adds up to me...

No, just showing good prices can be found.
Yes, 24 mpg
Old school can get good MPG not just the new stuff believe it or not.
I had a 1993 Saturn that got 45mpg. All old tech

Hey Millerbl00,

A few quick questions for you, that you never seemed to point out in all of you posts that are quoted above:

First question - Does your miracle pickup truck seat as many people as either a 2010 Ford Edge, or the C-Max in question?

Second Question - Does your miracle pickup truck drive as comfortably for an older lady with a bad hip, on the roads that she drives on, as a 2010 Ford Edge, or a C-Max?

Third Question - Does your miracle pickup truck get the same or better gas mileage as a 2010 Ford Edge, on the same roads as the OP's grandmother drives on?

Fourth Question - Why in the world would you think that a little old lady who doesn't have any need for your miracle pickup truck would be in the market for one, or have any need for one, when she's shopping for a small, fuel efficient car/crossover vehicle? I think her need to regularly carry a 1/2 ton of gravel to a work site are seriously low.

Fifth question - If you were really concerned about saving money, how come you don't sell your truck, and buy a bicycle? How come you didn't recommend that to Nick R? I'm sure his grandma would get even better gas mileage on a bicycle on her 50+ mile commute than even in your miracle pickup truck?

Sixth Question - Do you get as upset when people troll you as other people do when you troll them in their threads?

Seventh question - Why did you spend that much on your 2012 Silverado LS?
You could have spent half as much by buying a 2002 Chevy Pickup, and just installed a replacement engine and transmission. You're not nearly as good at saving money as you're trying to convince people that you are.

BC.

I forgot to point out to Millerbl00 that his 2012 PU also has aluminum lower control arms which he previously said was unacceptable to him...

I forgot to point out to Millerbl00 that his 2012 PU also has aluminum lower control arms which he previously said was unacceptable to him...

seriously glad you didnt respond by feeding the tool Troll.

Overkill my G-1500 with gets 4.2x10^13 nuclear miles per gallon while making the planet rotate.

and finally back on topic

seems like a great commuter car without being a ram_man penalty box type vehicle.

Last edited:

OMG.
33.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jrustles
Is the C-Max a Focus wagon with a unique name a la Camry > Venza?

it is nothing like the focus.

The 2012 DOES NOT have aluminum lower control arms !

I did not say it was better for her. Just saying all that new tech is not always the best.

8th point. Closed minds...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back