HELP !!! Windows password

Status
Not open for further replies.
I restarted my daughters laptop and it is now asking for a windows password that we never put in. I can't go into safe mode either. How did this happen? Is there a fix??

Dumb question coming up here: Have you tried logging in with the password blank?

Also, there is a key combination at the login prompt (Ctrl-Alt-Del? I'll Google it and edit this post shortly) whereby you can enter in the user name directly. At that prompt, enter in "Administrator" (no quotes) and leave the password blank and you ought to be able to log in. Being able to log in as the system admin that easily should scare the kee-rap out of you, so temper your warm feelings of accomplishment with that in mind.

Once logged in as the Admin, you can set, reset and otherwise fully bugger up any of the user's accounts.

EDIT: Looks like Ctrl-Alt-Del, according to Wikipedia.

Last edited:
Not having followed that link, there is a boot CDROM out there that recovers/ changes NT (and XP) passwords.

I could not bypass without entering. Found a program and burned to CD that worked. Took the risk, but I had to do something. So far, it has worked.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back