amazon.com, action needed: Sign-in attempt

Is this just a pfishing attempt? Got this email today from the header, [email protected]

amazon.jpg

1) If someone knows my password, they wouldn't just be attempting to sign in, they would have already done so.
2) If I log into my Amazon account directly and go to messages, there is nothing about this.

So is this just a pfishing email? Usually the header gives it away as an obvious scammer but here they use @amazon.

If you right click on that link to see where it goes - it likely goes to "Kenyan Uncle Identity Theft Database.com"

They can spoof the email pretty easily.

Hover over the link to see the URL. Only way it might be legit is if there is 2 factor authentication and someone got the password, but not the code from the text, but in that case you should have gotten a text or email with a code. Almost certainly a scam.

Delete it, had a few phone calls informing me on a big purchase and if I approved it. o_O

Why would someone that KNOWS your password ATTEMPT to login. 👀

That's what I mean, but the header says @amazon. I didn't think they could fake that. Maybe a different spelling like amason but not that.

Because when you or someone else tries to log in from a unknown location, Amazon flags it and sends you an email. Plus that stuff is SUPER easy to fake now.

Definitely looks like bogus, but change your password just in case.

Because when you or someone else tries to log in from a unknown location, Amazon flags it and sends you an email. Plus that stuff is SUPER easy to fake now.
So you're saying that it's legit then, and someone tried to log in, or is the message that someone tried to log in fake itself?

Definitely looks like bogus, but change your password just in case.
Why if they don't have my password? That's a hassle.

forward that email to [email protected]
they will make sure to kill those links so noone else will follow them and get scammed.

Every large business have their own email scam teams and own emails. Every time i get scam email i just forward it to their spam teams.

OK just did.
One thing i was taught is you never click on links but hover your mouse cursor over and it will show you the link. If you get a legitimate email from amazon the link will look like https://amazon.com/blah-blah-blah all the scam emails link will look weird and not have the amazon in the main link. Same goes about your bank, your mortgage and other services you use.
If you use your computer auto fill passwords feature. After you click on the link it might look legitimate to you but your auto fill will not work on that website. Double check the address, possibly weird scam web address.

One thing i was taught is you never click on links but hover your mouse cursor over and it will show you the link. If you get a legitimate email from amazon the link will look like https://amazon.com/blah-blah-blah all the scam emails link will look weird and not have the amazon in the main link.
That's why I'm posting this topic. The url of the message I received DOES have amazon.com in the title.

Back