Help investigating 2T engine oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
In any oils data sheets you can find the CAS # of the base oils they are using in the product. But when I look up those #s I don't find them categorizing the oil into one of the five oil groups which is frustrating. Generally it is said that you can tell by if it's solvent refined or hydrotreated to determine if its group 1 or 2. But even then I've found some exceptions. And group 3 oil is supposedly highly hydrotreated. In general this is the most non-technical non-specific engineering thingie I have ever encountered. I wonder if even the oil engineers know. I doubt it because every time I send an email to an oil manufacturing company I never get a response.
Does anyone know if CAS 64742-54-7* is a group 3 oil?

If you know about this topic and can shed some light on it then I would be grateful.

* It is in Yamalube 2R, Amalie SynPlus, Maxima Premium 2, Maxima scooter Pro, Motul 2T 510, Motul Scooter Expert

Oh boy, you are asking for trade secrets.

If I were to guess, I'd say that those oils contain group III as they are hydrotreated petroleum.

CAS: 64742-54-7 Name: DISTILLATES(PETROLEUM), HYDROTREATED HEAVY PARAFFINIC chembuyersguide.com.
Paraffin oil/(CAS 64742547 toxicity ecological toxicity and regulatory ...
www.pesticideinfo.org › Chemical Search
Paraffin oil/(CAS 64742-54-7) - Identification, toxicity, use, water pollution potential, ecological toxicity and regulatory information ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back