Castro USA says:
quote:

Exceeds European ACEA A3:B3 and all requirements of ILSAC GF-3

Castrol USA
Castrol Canada says:
quote:

Exceeds European ACEA: A1 and all requirements of ILSAC GF-3

Castrol Canada

To clarify this, I went to a local Autozone and found 0W-30 Castrol Syntec. Yes, it had red label, but back label said, 'Exceed ACEA A1-98'. I thought about buying a bottle to see if it was green oil, but I didn't think that it was German made PAO stuff becasue simply it did not have ACEA A3:B3 label.
Canadian guys
canada.gif
are saying that they are getting German made Castrol Syntec 0W-30. However, their website says it is only ACEA A1. Some US folks
patriot.gif
say we also get German made PAO Castrol Syntec 0W-30 in the U.S. But I couldn't find Sytec 0W-30 with ACEA A3:B3 label.
dunno.gif
Can anyone tell me what's going on here?

If it is the German oil then it will say on the back of the bottle that it is Made in Germany. I know that my autozone has both 0W-30 oils and you have to read the packages to tell the difference.

In the USA the yellow labeled 0W-30 meets the ACEA A1 but the red labeled 0W-30 meets the A3 and several other manufacturer specific requirements.

If the package doesn't read "Made in Germany" then you're probably looking at the Gp 3 syntec.

I tried to take a digital pic of the German 0w30 label, but the type is too small to get a good pic with my camera. It does say ACEA A3 on it, along with BMW Longlife, MB 229.1, 229.3, Porsche approved, and a few other ACEA and VW tests.

quote:

Originally posted by FowVay:
If the package doesn't read "Made in Germany" then you're probably looking at the Gp 3 syntec.

Thanks everyone for useful information
worshippy.gif
I will definately look for "Made in Germany" & ACEA A3 label.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back