Heating fuel prices - post yours

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just curious to see what others are paying. I ordered my annual supply of wood pellets and propane.

5 tons of Somerset wood pellets: $1,195.72 inc. tax and delivery
~200 gallons of propane to top off my tank: $2.19/gallon

$1,195.72 pellets
~$438 propane

$1633.72 for the 2014-15 heating season, plus some electricity. Not bad. I wish I had natural gas out here.

Spent around $900 total last heating season.... that's using natural gas for furnace heating, water heating, and cooking. About 3100 sq foot house.

I just finished insulating the rest of my ducting. got a nice 98% efficiency propane furnace. gotta see how much the minus 40 winters treat the heating costs.

2012 12 cords of red oak 100" delivered $107 a cord = $1184. Cut split and stacked, gas for chainsaw and splitter $16 free labor ( self ) used 2013-2014 4 cords= $432

Originally Posted By: abycat
I just finished insulating the rest of my ducting. got a nice 98% efficiency propane furnace. gotta see how much the minus 40 winters treat the heating costs.

I've seen -32f here, although that's rare. It does drop below -20f several times during the season.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
$0 in Orlando, FL

I wish we had very cold winters with no snow / ice.

I have a $0 air conditioning cost. Perhaps that balances it out a bit.

Originally Posted By: bobbobtar
2012 12 cords of red oak 100" delivered $107 a cord = $1184. Cut split and stacked, gas for chainsaw and splitter $16 free labor ( self ) used 2013-2014 4 cords= $432

Good stuff. I'd be burning wood if I had my own to cut. I hope I can find some land wherever I end up next.

Any other pellet burners out there? I have used four tons during a mild winter, but used every last bag of five this past year. It was rough.

Originally Posted By: Bandito440

I've seen -32f here, although that's rare. It does drop below -20f several times during the season.

$0 in Orlando, FL

I have a $0 air conditioning cost. Perhaps that balances it out a bit.

oh buddy its pretty much minus 30 to 50 Celsius for 7 months. more around minus 30 but ive seen minus 56.

Natural gas here in the city. Small 1200 Sq Ft condo for heat and cooking only used $955 in the last 12 months. I bottom out at about $31 per month during the warm months.

Out of curiosity, August 2012-2013 was only $646. This last winter was pretty cold.

oh buddy its pretty much minus 30 to 50 Celsius for 7 months.

What do you do there for 7 months out of the year?

I sold over 30 loads of oak last winter.. I ran out of wood to sell. First time in 2yrs had to buy propane 250gal @ $2.25 gal pre-buy contract. The wood stove has payed for it's self and then some over the last 8yrs.

This year just a fraction of wood to sell and consume personally (due to shoulder sugary). Pre-buy this year is over $2000.. cost gal went up to $3.32 (rest of propane company's are $2.59) I changed company's and I'm putting a heat-pump in next week. I still have my wall heaters for backup heat.

Check around on price, you may be surprised... I certainly was!!!

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

reproduce? I think cold months are best for that.
aren't most babies born in August? If so November/December conceiving? I think i got it right.

$0 in Orlando, FL

I will forward you my heating bills!

Originally Posted By: 01_celica_gt

reproduce? I think cold months are best for that.
aren't most babies born in August? If so November/December conceiving? I think i got it right.

ha ha I'm actually born in August. The 6th actually.

Doesn't take that long to reproduce, unless you are completely lost.

But seriously, what do people do there since it's so cold majority of the year?

work right through it. Most of the work is in the winter cause the ground is hard. In the spring and summer the roads are really soft so the big trucks can't bring parts and supplies to the rigs. The warmer months are the slow times.

Doesn't take that long to reproduce, unless you are completely lost.

But seriously, what do people do there since it's so cold majority of the year?

Take vacations. I like to get into the tropics 3-5 weeks every winter. Down in Curacao December weather is very nice!

Carrying an oil fired house threw the winter is always painful. Luckily this year unless I buy something else all my junkers are torn down vacant lots. Last year I spent $1,400 in the month of Jan alone heating an old two family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back