Health Insurance for Canadians Visiting the U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do Canadians do if they want supplemental health insurance while visiting the U.S.? We have a Canadian family member who wants to visit the U.S. but was quoted a very high rate for supplemental insurance, something like $100 per day.

What's the age of the family member? Neighbors of mine stopped going to Arizona for winters after their insurance got to high after they hit a certain age.

What's the age of the family member? Neighbors of mine stopped going to Arizona for winters after their insurance got to high after they hit a certain age.
80s. I was wondering about all of the snowbirds. They must have figured it all out.

What do Canadians do if they want supplemental health insurance while visiting the U.S.? We have a Canadian family member who wants to visit the U.S. but was quoted a very high rate for supplemental insurance, something like $100 per day.
I use these guys. My entire coverage for a multi trip year for me and my wife is barely more than what your family member has been quoted so check RBC out. Granted we are in our 50's so it will be different.

Like most insurance, I never have to use it so I don't know how they are on claims etc. but it is a reputable company I have no reason to think they are any worse than any other provider.

I have not travelled since Covid so that is an unknown I cannot comment on, whether or not you need different policies etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back