Heading out for Black Friday shopping?

Malls should be much slower compared to previous years. I shop online and avoid the malls and big box retail stores.

I went grocery shopping today and was done in 15 minutes.

Nice and sunny today for yard work and trimming.

before online shopping i would go out on black friday to shop. these days black friday does not really matter as all year long there are specials online if one looks hard enough. and i have way too much stuff i don't want to add to it.

i know one guy that has 6 tv at home. he told me he would buy one every black friday because they were so cheap. LOL

I ended up taking a bit of a drive and ended up in Illinois' largest Amish community for a late lunch at an excellent Amish buffet. Fried Chicken, fried fish, pot roast, baked ham, goulash, chicken and noodles, corn fritters, mac and cheese, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green beans, full salad bar, 4 cobblers, bread pudding, and ice cream. There was more, that's just all I can remember that they had. $13 per person.

Then I spent a good amount of money at two local Amish owned businesses, and then sauntered back home. Found gas for $3.18 on the way back home, so took the time to fill up.

• Love
Reactions: GON
I wanted to go but had to work cause I’m too nice of a person and switched days off with my coworker who went to Ohio and wanted that extra day lol. So I’m off Monday now. We were going to go last night got to Walmart about 12am and there was nobody there we were like what the heck. First time ever Walmart hasn’t been open Thanksgiving Thursday night for early Black Friday shopping. I knew they were closed for Thanksgiving but they always opened Thursday night for Black Friday. I choose not to shop online I want to see exactly what I’m buying. Granted I wasn’t going to buy anything because I don’t want cheap Walmart tools and they don’t sell license plates but I sure do miss the days of people attacking each other over video game consoles and other stuff lol 😂. Black Friday shopping has always been a favorite of mine. My parents went this morning early said nothing worth anything. Still bummed I had to work lol. Totally dead at work don’t know why we were even open. Went to work this morning 30 mile drive maybe seen 20 cars besides when I went by Walmart at 6:30am lol. Parking lot was full backing into the road.

Black Friday is an American thing and the Canadian branches got hold of it but turned it into Black Friday week, or in the case of Canadian Tire 3 weeks of Black Friday sales where every day is Black Friday. As expected the sales are luke warm. Also we have Boxing Day which is Dec 26th and of course the retailers twisted that one as well and it is “Boxing Week”.

Lots of folks on YouTube were filming at malls, Walmart, Best Buy, etc…. and not a lot amount of customers as previous Black Friday sales.

Make some donations to "not for profit" charities where the CEO/CFO don't make get six-figure compensation.

I can't think of any worthless junk to buy ... Give me a few hours.

My Sennheiser wireless RF HP are getting a bit long in the tooth. Hmmm ...

Luckily my manual tooth brush appears to be holding up 6 month on

Back