Have you ever met anybody famous?

I've met Ted Nugent twice. First time, it was at the Sports Show in Milwaukee. Very pleasant man.

Not really 'famous', but had drinks with John Dorsey, when he was still with the Packers.

Said hello to Rush Limbaugh, when he spoke in Milwaukee, fall of 1991.

Brief conversation with Ironhead Heyward.

Just remembered, rubbed elbows with Ken Patera
Met Greg Gagne about 7 years ago. He was selling Jaguars.

The revolutionary of 100 years ago? Wow!
Yes, that’s him. Growing up my grandfather used to talk about him all the time (of course as a young kid I didn’t care). But he’d tell us how he used to play in his back yard and stuff. After watching the movie, I thought to myself...Jesus, if I was your parents I don’t know if I’d feel safe letting you play in his backyard. 🤣🤣

I've met a lot of famous people I guess. More hockey players than I can list including some of the greats. Buddy Rich as a kid, Jeff Berlin, David Via, Lou Albano, Larry Coryell, Virgil Donati. Most either because my dad worked in the NHL, or because of my friendship with Jeff and David.

Here is a picture of David with Jeff (not mine) David was such a cool guy, I was not a drummer at the time but he taught me so much about music. I wish I could talk to him now but he sadly died.

david-and-jeff1.jpg

I guess I should add Kenny Kramme. He lived near me when I was growing up and I remember when he got his first drum set. Not super famous but still played with some of the greats.

I don't know if this counts as "meeting" but, back in the '70's I was out on a date with my now wife, and one night we went to the movies. In Totawa NJ. As we were walking in the theater, there was a guy and a woman talking to someone from the theater. I looked at him and said to my wife that's someone famous, but I couldn't think of his name. So we went and got our seats, and the guy I told my wife about came in with his wife,and sat right in front of us. Then it hit me who he was, It was Yogi Bera. He nodded hi and sat right in front of me.,,

Evel Knievel, I met him when I was a kid in Deming NM when the Ford dealer my dad worked for sponsored him to perform his wheelie act at the local drag race track. That was before he started jumping motorcycles.
Later in life, in the 1970's, I met him and had drinks with him several times when he would be in Spokane WA. My wife was the bartender at the motel he stayed at and would call me to come down to have a few drinks with him. He was very fond of my wife and always tipped her very well.
He was quite the man to spend time with and just talk about all sorts of things.

Not me , but one day my daughter in law was at a private function and found herself sitting on a barstool next to Chipper Jones . She tried to make small talk with him but he wouldn't talk to her . She told him he was rude and walked away . . :)

I met Naomi and Winona Judd back in about 2000. My wife at the time won a contest where we got to go meet them outside of Nashville at a private concert they had for all of the contest winners. I have a picture somewhere that I took with both of them.

I've met several infamous people such as John Gotti, Vincent "The Chin" Gigante, and the blind Sheik who was involved in the first World Trade Center bombing back in the early 90's. I also met Jared Lee Loughner who shot Congresswoman Gabby Giffords and others. I'm sure there are others that I can't remember at the moment.

Late 60's Early 70's:
  • Richard Petty (At the Track)
  • Al Unser Sr. (At the Track)
  • Al Unser Jr. (At the Track)
  • John Whitaker (On the set of Tom Sawyer)
  • Frank Daniels (News & Observer)
  • Jim Lehrer (PBS Studios)
Late 80's Early 90's:
  • Geddy Lee (Rush)
  • Geoff Tate (QueensRyke)
  • Mike Reno (Loverboy)
  • Phil Spence (North Carolina State Basketball)
  • Jim Valvano (North Carolina State Basketball Coach)
2000's Current:
  • Richard Petty (Gas station near his Home)
  • John Hotchkis (NASCAR Country)

Two that I can remember, both at Road Atlanta.

Paul Newman, close to the end of his life he did a few final races with SCCA, he was an ass.

Brian Johnson at the Mitty, forget the year. He's a fantastic and kind dude. He's just there to have fun and go fast, and you can tell.

Stanley Cup champion, NHL hockey great Bill Clement, defenseman for the Philadelphia Flyers from the 70's. Had a great 15 minute chat with him while he was in the waiting room for a medical procedure. A true gentleman. And a beast on the ice.

Michael Jackson when he bought my parents beach house.
I did a bunch of gun work for Lou Ferrigno.
Weird Al Yankovic at a W.L. Gore Picnic..
Many baseball, basketball, and other athletes when I was younger .
Jim Corea of WWDB Fame.
He was my doctor for awhile.

Karen Carpenter hugged me at a small town event as a kid. I never heard a more angelic voice than hers.
When I worked in my father's construction business I met many of the nations movers and shakers but was too young to really absorb it all.

Carpenter family of the Philadelphia Phillies.
Dallas Green as he was a family friend.

Admiral James Stockdale
The "Donald" in AC.

And @AutoMechanic my finest achievement.

Kenny Linesman - NHL hockey player worked with him in his later career
Stephen King - shopped at high school grocery store I worked at on Maine border. Coworker who watched his house introduced me

I met Danny DeVito at a trade show in Las Vegas. Shook his hand-gave him a demo of our RAID system. He was a very nice guy!

Back