Has anyone seen this? AK47 armored glass demo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does the idiot shooting the AK47 have his safety glasses on top of his head? They don't do any good up there.

That aside, i wonder how many rounds the glass can hold up against.

Stupid for a CEO. imagine a defect in the manufacturing process, One dead boss. I'm sure they tested the glass 1000 of times but what if ??

Originally Posted By: hemitom
Stupid for a CEO. imagine a defect in the manufacturing process, One dead boss. I'm sure they tested the glass 1000 of times but what if ??

Although I can see your point here, I feel very confident in that CEO for putting himself in that much risk (yes he could have died. Easily) but he makes his point and shows his product with purpose.. unlike these two idiots (these two are semi-promoting a product: Their own DVD, not a car or glass.)

"Reputation before safety," as the below video says.

Originally Posted By: barlowc
Why does the idiot shooting the AK47 have his safety glasses on top of his head? They don't do any good up there.

That aside, i wonder how many rounds the glass can hold up against.

This is the first time I have seen any glass take 3. ANY glass will eventually give.. "Dragon Skin" armor in the Army is amazing.. but as to Glass and cars, I believe the idea is to be peeling off when fire happens, so if it can take three and you are moving fast, your "package" may escape, instead of being penetrated through glass. (Run-flat tires, etc.)

Pretty sure NO glass can take a 20 or 30 round clip, please let me know if I am wrong.

But 7.62mmx51.........

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

The follow up shots are garbage because the glass was already ruined when the .50 hit it.

See.. That would scare me because if penetration happened on the first shot (I heard the BMG can hit up to 4 miles and disable someone wearing body armor - !!!) then getting shots off like this.. What a formiddable round.

It looks like the video OVERKILL posted just has that one shoot slowed down?

I would imagine there is no "bulletproof" (glass) with a BMG.

Confident or not, this is stupid on a whole new level. I expected to hear "I'm Johnny Knoxville and this is [censored]" . People like this give us gun owners a bad name. Never...ever..ever point a weapon at something you are not intending to destroy, no exceptions. Most will disagree, but if I was in the market for bullet proof glass and saw this demo, I would not buy it. If this guy is this stupid, he does not deserve my business. Just my $.02

Originally Posted By: travlnman
Confident or not, this is stupid on a whole new level. I expected to hear "I'm Johnny Knoxville and this is [censored]" . People like this give us gun owners a bad name. Never...ever..ever point a weapon at something you are not intending to destroy, no exceptions. Most will disagree, but if I was in the market for bullet proof glass and saw this demo, I would not buy it. If this guy is this stupid, he does not deserve my business. Just my $.02

I feel exactly the opposite. If he's willing risk life and limb to demonstrate his product works, I'm willing to buy it.

Originally Posted By: travlnman

Sorry, even if I agree w/ you, you are not his target audience (bad, unintended pun - sorry!), so to speak.

John.

The guy wasn't taking a chance. The glass is probably rated to stop .30-06 AP rounds. Weak lead 7.62x39 rounds have ZERO chance. Driving to work was infinitely more dangerous.

That was extremely stupid. What if the shooter missed and shot the metal plate underneath? Rounds could have ricochet up towards the CEO.

I am impressed that the CEO did indeed bet his life on his product. IIRC, the commander viewing ports on a tank are rated to stop a .50BMG. One of the fighter aircraft from the Russians was rated to stop a 23mm round through the front windshield. That amount of glass on a wheeled vehicle is not practical, however. Not too many BG's around the world with 7.62 X 51's, seems most favor the AK. Like it or not, the 7.62 X 39 is proven and popular, and represents a most likely weapon that would be encountered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back