Has anyone received their free oil from Pennzoil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone else been contacted by GenaFishbeck for a free trial of PP. I gave my info to her about a month ago, and still have yet to get anything. Anyone else in the same boat?

I received 2 free cases of PU 5w-40 Euro, but that was several years ago.
smile.gif

I can't even get them to send me the free oil change stickers they list on their website. I've probably filled out the form 3 times now and never received any!

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
Id go for some Pennz Ultra since i still cant find it anywhere.

Same problem here. No stores around here carry anything above platinum.

Id just give up on Pennzoil synthetics completely and go for Castrol or M1.

No sense in chasing something when like alternatives are right in front of you.

It would seem to me that Pennzoil would do well to market PU as an extended drain oil, as we've said here countless times. When gold bottle Edge first appeared, it was a dismal failure up here. Synthetic is expensive enough as it is. However, M1 EP has done reasonably well. PU did not last long on the shelves here at all. Then, when gold bottle Edge got the mileage guarantee featured prominently, it started to sell up here, and now it's all over the place, just like M1 EP. And we know that PU would be priced similarly to gold bottle Edge and M1 EP on the same shelves. Yet, we don't see the PU.

Pennzoil has done nothing to indicate that PU is a higher tiered product than PP, aside from raising the price. That's what's killing it. If I run M1 EP or gold bottle Edge in my G37, I'm warranted for 15,000 miles. I run PU, I'm warranted for 3,750 miles. Even vanilla M1 and black bottle Edge have a 10,000 mile warranty, at a few bucks cheaper. So, which would I choose?

I know full well that PP and PU (and QSUD and Formula Shell Synthetic) are very capable products. Everyone here knows that. But, for the general buying public, if you don't differentiate them from your conventionals, let alone each other, you're going to have problems. "Synthetic" on the label helps PP and QSUD, but PU just costing extra on top of those two isn't sufficient differentiation.

Originally Posted By: Garak
It would seem to me that Pennzoil would do well to market PU as an extended drain oil, as we've said here countless times. When gold bottle Edge first appeared, it was a dismal failure up here. Synthetic is expensive enough as it is. However, M1 EP has done reasonably well. PU did not last long on the shelves here at all. Then, when gold bottle Edge got the mileage guarantee featured prominently, it started to sell up here, and now it's all over the place, just like M1 EP. And we know that PU would be priced similarly to gold bottle Edge and M1 EP on the same shelves. Yet, we don't see the PU.

Pennzoil has done nothing to indicate that PU is a higher tiered product than PP, aside from raising the price. That's what's killing it. If I run M1 EP or gold bottle Edge in my G37, I'm warranted for 15,000 miles. I run PU, I'm warranted for 3,750 miles. Even vanilla M1 and black bottle Edge have a 10,000 mile warranty, at a few bucks cheaper. So, which would I choose?

I know full well that PP and PU (and QSUD and Formula Shell Synthetic) are very capable products. Everyone here knows that. But, for the general buying public, if you don't differentiate them from your conventionals, let alone each other, you're going to have problems. "Synthetic" on the label helps PP and QSUD, but PU just costing extra on top of those two isn't sufficient differentiation.

Some [censored] good advice for them.

I wish they'd take it.
wink.gif
They have fantastic products.

I also had another suggestion for them in one of the Q&A discussion threads, after the Q&A was over. Let every Shell distributor in Canada sell Pennzoil-Quaker State products, rather than just select Shell distributors. Then, those of us who aren't afraid to buy large quantities of the product can do so and have actual access to the products, without worrying about whims of individual retailers. Heck, I prefer to buy from the distributor rather than Walmart Canada or Canadian Tire, on both price and convenience.

And, Shell mentioned differentiation of product in their answers. They don't differentiate PP and PU, aside from price. They have the same specifications and are warranted for the same OCI. So, why should "oil illiterate" customer A buy SN/GF-5 dexos1 PU 5w-30 for $5+ more than SN/GF-5 dexos1 PP 5w-30? Why should I, for that matter, or anyone else on BITOG?

Mileage guarantees would be a breeze for QSUD, PP, and PU. That would apply to Formula Shell Synthetic, but that's not their highest marketing target anyhow, so that's no biggie.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Pennzoil has done nothing to indicate that PU is a higher tiered product than PP, aside from raising the price.

There's gotta be something better about it. Maybe you should go back and study the data sheets.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Id just give up on Pennzoil synthetics completely...

No sense in chasing something when like alternatives are right in front of you.

I have to agree... once I go through my stash, I'm done.

I've been chasing Ultra for the past 2 years.

You can just throw a dart and buy Mobil 1 at any store in the country.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
There's gotta be something better about it. Maybe you should go back and study the data sheets.
grin2.gif

I tried. If they put an MSRP on the sheets, we might have that differentiation.
wink.gif
If you want to have a giggle about product differentiation, check out the Canadian data sheets for Formula Shell 5w-30 and Formula Shell Synthetic 5w-30. I told them about their SNAFU a couple years ago, was told they'd fix it, yet nothing. I guess just replacing it with the U.S. data sheet is too difficult. To heck with the French.
wink.gif

Wow. Sorry to hear Pennzoil Ultra Platinum PurePlus is hard to get for most of y'all. Down here in the parts of Texas where I'm from most all Wal-marts carry it just like all other oils, for only $27 a jug too!
laugh.gif

Put has both Molly and boron and a better nocak and ten. Pp has no boron really and lower moly zone NC and calcium and ten. Those are the differences I can see but I agree most people don't think or know or really care what is in the oil. They wanna see it has some special recommendation on the label.

And yes in Texas pu is on the shelf right by pp at Walmart etc.

Originally Posted By: Mrsandman
Put has both Molly and boron and a better nocak and ten. Pp has no boron really and lower moly zone NC and calcium and ten. Those are the differences I can see but I agree most people don't think or know or really care what is in the oil. They wanna see it has some special recommendation on the label.

And yes in Texas pu is on the shelf right by pp at Walmart etc.

By Pennzoil's own website, PUP has a higher NOACK than PP.

If you're talking the old formula Pennzoil Ultra (no Platinum), yes, it had a crazy low NOACK.

I see im not the only one waiting for their oil sample and free UOA kit
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: AntDeek
I see im not the only one waiting for their oil sample and free UOA kit
frown.gif

Still waiting here. They are on their own timeline. Its free, so we can't complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back