Half and half shortage

Could be as simple as a packaging problem. Supplier can't supply the cartons for the cream.
Soy milk, almond milk, yogurt based creamers, egg whites...all the same containers as 1/2&1/2...so I'm not buying the no cartons excuse.

I heard on the radio that cool-whip was 7 bucks a small tub, and so I looked, and it was!
We brought (2) pies home from the in-laws and our daughter kept asking us to get some Cool-Whip. I went to 3-4 stores and I didn't look at the price 'cause none of them had any in stock.

This issue (with Creamer) has been going on for several months down here.
Clausen Pickles are another example. I asked the stocking manager why and he said the jars are all made in India. No jars, no pickles.
It's eased up some lately, but supply is still spotty.

I just bought a half gallon of half and half at the Wally a few days ago. It's close to $5 for 1/2 gal now, but they always have some.

Let me tell you a secret about Walmart.....some of you probably already know this. WM treats most suppliers......let's say.... not well.

In some cases these suppliers operate on short term cash flows. This means that many of them cannot send inventory to Walmart until Walmart pays them for previous shipments that Walmart has already received, sold, and has profited from. I have seen this on everything from apples, to window cleaner.
Be aware of this the next time you shop there and they are out of stock of some item that is available everywhere else.

Evaporated milk is just more stable. During the canning process, approximately half of the water has been removed. The instructions on the can states to add equal amounts of water to the canned milk to achieve whole milk consistency.
I use evaporated milk straight from the can for coffee creamer.
Don’t confuse evaporated milk milk with condensed milk. Condensed milk (Eagle Brand) has added sugar and is super thick. Condensed milk is most often used in making cakes and pies.

I just paid $4.69 for a half gallon half half at Costco

Evap milk is OK but the taste is off IMHO.

I have used heavy cream in coffee and it's great. I felt guilty. I didn't suddenly feel like a fat chick, well other than the guilt part.

I can’t do without half and half cause black coffee is gross lol. I love to drink half and half too. Here they have been out of a lot of the big things of it but have the really high priced small cartons of it. At least they still have my hazelnut which I add in with the half and half so if worst comes to worst I’ll just use all hazelnut. I just can’t drink it without creamer and I won’t drink milk in coffee haha. I need to try the regular creamer in coffee sometime everyone says it’s good but I haven’t tried it yet since we buy half and half cause we all like that. As long as there is no egg nog shortage I’ll be ok too cause I can always take a cup of egg nog instead of coffee to work if I have too.

I wrote LOL on my wife’s grocery list a few years ago. She asked why I wrote LOL on the list. I told her Land O Lakes……half and half. I asked the dairy manager at Publix today if there was a shortage of half and half and he said not as far as he new. He went into the back and came out with a case of LOL, I took a qt and thanked him and he stocked the rest in the cooler. My coffee isn’t the same without LOL half and half. :)

Back