Gun safe power

How did you guys run power in your gun safe? If you're safe did not come with it.. i.e. did you put a standard outlet in? Did you put a liberty outlet in? Did you run a stack on outlet? Did you put a heavy duty power strip in there, and then put a new plug on the end..

Thank you for your suggestions...

Something like this although preferably not this since its an unknown "kungfing" brand. (name changed to bitog safe name)
although how hard is it to mess up an outlet. You might not need a good brand for that.

My old late 80s browning has a 3/8 set screw on top so I was able to get led strips and a 36” lockdown dehumidifier.I recently reworked the shelves and made a wood,plastic dipped handgun stand for the top shelf.I am a retired A electrician so I had all the parts and Teflon coated appliance wire to squeeze through the 3/8 nipples and fixture parts.

For power? to run a dryer or lights?

For lights I just use an LED magnetic bar light that has motion activation.

I have them everywhere in closets, under kitchen cabinets, in storage areas.
They go a long time between charges and when they need it just plug it in for a while and ignore for months.

For power? to run a dryer or lights?

For lights I just use an LED magnetic bar light that has motion activation.

I have them everywhere in closets, under kitchen cabinets, in storage areas.
They go a long time between charges and when they need it just plug it in for a while and ignore for months.
Can you send me a link for the magnetic lights, please..

Can you send me a link for the magnetic lights, please..

Happy to, I need a couple days to do so though. I pulled one off a few min ago and there are absolutely no marking on it as to manufacturer or model number.

Mrs UD ordered the last batch and she's out of town till Sunday.

These are really neat with selectable brightness AND color temperature.
They come with adhesive magnetic strips so they are super easy to mount.

IMG_5253.jpeg

Happy to, I need a couple days to do so though. I pulled one off a few min ago and there are absolutely no marking on it as to manufacturer or model number.

Mrs UD ordered the last batch and she's out of town till Sunday.

These are really neat with selectable brightness AND color temperature.
They come with adhesive magnetic strips so they are super easy to mount.

View attachment 204940
Sounds good...

I took a picture before sunup of my kitchen when I walk through it and make the first mornings coffee.

There are two of these bars on each wall up under the cabinets. They are set on medium bright "warm"/yellow color.

I like to let the sunlite wake the house up and detest overhead lighting in the early hours.

IMG_5254.jpeg

I took a picture before sunup of my kitchen when I walk through it and make the first mornings coffee.

There are two of these bars on each wall up under the cabinets. They are set on medium bright "warm"/yellow color.

I like to let the sunlite wake the house up and detest overhead lighting in the early hours.

View attachment 204964
What do they run on battery?

I only have about an inch of metal to work with, so I think they're a little wide.. how many do you have in your safe to light it up?

I only have about an inch of metal to work with, so I think they're a little wide.. how many do you have in your safe to light it up?
Just one, and it's overkill, and since I moved the safe I dont really need it.

Im sure there are plenty of versions of these big and small.

The one in our guest room closet lasted a year before recharging and I'd use it a couple times a week to hang wet shirts up in.

May not be your solution, but just thought I'd toss it out. The thread had my attention at " Gun Safe".

Just one, and it's overkill, and since I moved the safe I dont really need it.

Im sure there are plenty of versions of these big and small.

The one in our guest room closet lasted a year before recharging and I'd use it a couple times a week to hang wet shirts up in.

May not be your solution, but just thought I'd toss it out. The thread had my attention at " Gun Safe".
I think I found something, unfortunately it's not motion activated, but it will work for the time being..

Back