What do you use to store gun magazines in your gun safe.

Instead of laying gun magazines on the shelves in the gun safe and taking up excessive room, how do you store them, I know they have different magnetic holders out there and stuff of that nature, I'm looking for ideas, the last safe I had, the door panel had bigger pockets, so I use to store them in there.
Thank you

I recently bought one of these to try out, and see how I like it for pistol magazines. I like it enough that I think I'm going to buy another. It holds double stacked 9 mm magazines very nicely. I suspect it would also hold larger caliber double stacked magaines also, but just a little more snug. It also holds Sig P322 .22 double stacked magazines, but they sit in the slots a little on the loose side. Single stacked .22 magazines will fit in the slots, but sloppily. They lean over to one side or the other.

I keep loaded magazines in a drawer by the bed or in "Go" small tool bags that are big enough to fit a passel of either AR mags, or a number of pistol mags along with the pistol and holster. Only one type of mag per bag. If I need to secure the loaded mags for safety reasons I'll just put the bags in the safe. Normally I don't store them there as there are no kids around, and it makes accessing other items more of a hassle. Big safe, but I've managed to fill it over the last 15 years or so.

Safe space is too valuable for me to store mags in there. I keep 1 mag in each gun and the rest are stored in 50 cal ammo cans in the closet next to the safe. So many mags are plastic or aluminum now you cant even count on magnets anymore.

Safe space is too valuable for me to store mags in there. I keep 1 mag in each gun and the rest are stored in 50 cal ammo cans in the closet next to the safe. So many mags are plastic or aluminum now you cant even count on magnets anymore.
They also get banged up like that though too.

For me, I guess it would depend upon what type of magazine you are looking to store. If it is AR-15 magazines, then I'd have no problem storing them in an old ammo can. Those things are cheap, and being made out of aluminum, they are going to get scratched up anyway.

But if it is pistol magazines that need to be stored, I prefer to keep them in nice shape. Particularly, if you have some nice pistols.

I don't keep mags or ammo in my safe . I keep extra mags in my range bag which has individual pockets sewn in . Extra AR mags are in the rifle case and I have a plastic bin in the closet full of AR mags as well .

I don't keep mags or ammo in my safe . I keep extra mags in my range bag which has individual pockets sewn in . Extra AR mags are in the rifle case and I have a plastic bin in the closet full of AR mags as well .
So does mine but not that many.. LOL

I have a few selected loaded mags in my safe, in each gun as well (none in chamber IN SAFE)

All my numerous mags in unopened bags, boxes and case are in my shop in large tool boxes for the most part.

My ammo is in a large, full, locked and chained Jobox.

Not if you dont throw them in. Place them in the can the same way you would in your safe and they will suffer the same amount of damage or place a rag between layers of mags or the storage paper that prevents rust. I dont transport them in the cans, just store them. 1 can for pistol mags, 1 or 2 for rifles, 1 for assorted 22 rimfire mags all with silica packs and since they are air tight dust and rust are never an issue even if like me you have some that have been stored since the mid 70's and I still know where they are.

For me, space is a huge premium. Gun safe space is a high premium. I don't store many mags in it, except those that seat within pistols and take no space. I do try to fill in gaps as best as possible stuffing small items like mags in said gaps to not waste space. Most of my mags are also loaded, to again not waste space and to have them readily available loaded to not waste time at the gun range. You'd be surprised how much space is saved by loading mags with ammo, if you have a lot like some of us do.

Most of my mags go in boxes, milk crates, ammo cans, etc. And then stored in a lockable metal foot locker truck type tool box, etc. If the mags are easily confused, like pistol mags can be, they go in large zip locks labeled with caliber and gun, so not easily confused.

Thank you everybody, your opinions, still don't know how you keep them in milk crates, without them falling through, maybe Ziploc bags.. 🤷🏻‍♂️
But anyways I went ahead and ordered one of these for now, and if I like it, I will order more.
FSDC Caretaker 10 Magazine (Double Stack) Storage Pouch for Medium and Large Handguns https://a.co/d/6JDD8DX

Back