Group III in the marketplace?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Johnny
We provide the snow and Iowa provides the wind.

Only because Missouri and Illinois suck!!! Sorry... another Mad Cow moment!!!

Originally Posted By: Johnny
m37charlie, how about a picture of your Unimog and your 79 BJ40.

http://www.unicat.net/en/info/TC49compact.html
You can see more pictures by clicking the link at the bottom of the picture.
The BJ40 looks like a normal 30yo Landcruiser, but with a 3L 4cyl diesel with aftermarket AXT turbo; H41 wide ratio trans, 4.88 gears, locking diffs, 2" lift, front Ramsey winch, etc.
Anyone care to hazard a guess on how much I can extend my OCI on long distance driving in Australia? I'll be using a MB228.5 oil (30.6 qt capacity/6.4L/260hp), the owners' manual says 700 hrs but with 228.3 oils (CI4+ type). It had EGR but it's fallen off into my garage. Because it came with EGR, it has a factory centrifuge. MB says 1200 hrs for non-USA Unimogs, without EGR, with 228.5 oils; I think they do not have a centrifuge.
1200 hrs? More?
Sorry for the off topic.

Charlie

Originally Posted By: m37charlie

Anyone care to hazard a guess on how much I can extend my OCI on long distance driving in Australia? I'll be using a MB228.5 oil (30.6 qt capacity/6.4L/260hp), the owners' manual says 700 hrs but with 228.3 oils (CI4+ type). It had EGR but it's fallen off into my garage. Because it came with EGR, it has a factory centrifuge. MB says 1200 hrs for non-USA Unimogs, without EGR, with 228.5 oils; I think they do not have a centrifuge.
1200 hrs? More?
Sorry for the off topic.

Charlie

Doug would probably be the best to hazard a guess, but i can add a couple of points.

Our fuel is
FWIW, our Nissan Patrol, which uses a 4.2 litre indirect injected TD with a factory by-pass filter and only a 10.5 litre sump could easily do 20,000km on CI-4 D1 towing horses.
The oil still had life in at that distance, but I was in front financially so dumped it.
At that stage our fuel was 50PPM sulphur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back