(sold in India) A CK4 manufactured under license from .. Iran?

Partial but not too bad set of numbers

SAE GRADES 0W-40
Appearance Clear & bright
Relative Density @ 29.5°C, g/ml 0.825
Viscosity @ 40°C (mm²/s) 72cSt
Viscosity @ 100°C (mm²/s) 13.2c
StViscosity Index 180
Pour Point (°C) -33
Flash Point (°C) 245
TBN, mgKOH/g, (ASTM 2896) 9.2

I am not entirely sure I'd experiment with a brand I never heard of using tech from an Iranian refinery - but these numbers are sure interesting, and a fully synthetic CK4 is what they claim (ok, even group III gets called that these days).

Now, though Iran does have substantial amounts of crude available to it, and an oil refinery track record dating back to British colonial times when it was Persia, I am not entirely sure what sort of additive chemistry they'd have access to after so many decades of US blockade.

1696557973613.jpg

1696557954306.jpg

The posted photo and web site illustrations don't state the capacity of the pails. Likely 20l.
No mention of price.

To OP: Are DIY oil changes common in India?

4653 rupees for a 11 litre pail. That’s like $56 for 3 gallons.

DIY oil changes or you can give a garage ten dollars and a set of oil and filters and they’ll change it for you. Authorised dealers will charge rather more on labour but use their oem oils they buy in barrels and sell at a profit margin.

Is this thing listed on the api website though? There’s a searchable database of certified oils but can’t find it there

1696588651634.jpg

People here do not second guess Russian sourced VOAs, Iran is a side step to me from that perspective and they have been pumping oil for a long, long time, so its probably a fine product.

Back