2010 Saab 9-5 NG

Some parts are very scarce on these, given that they made them for such a short period.

I've looked into these in the past & I don't remember if these fall under the takata recall but you should call to find out. They were still offering free airbag replacements for a 2006 9-3 I was looking at. Actually, I forget what year it was but it was an early 2000's 9-3.

No recalls fortunately per the NHTSA vin search

This is the Saab I lust after. The mighty 96 850 Monte Carlo.

1709762895980.jpg

Super Classics
1709762952857.jpg

Silodome

If an automaker doesn't have SUVs it doesn't stand a chance. At least in the US.

BMW X5 came out in 1999. Volvo XC90 in 2002. The writing was on the wall for a long time by the time Saab went bankrupt.

They had the 9-7x typical of that era’s badge engineering. I never understood that suv - it’s like GM didn’t even let SAAB try to add any SAABness to it except the key between the seats

Saw this video on the YouTubes by Doug Demuro: hadn’t looked at one of this videos in a long time. Still find his presentation annoying

Mr reviewer doesn’t seem to have heard of hyper flash with LEDs nor does he understand that the night panel deactivates the gauges but each one of them pops back on if they hit the incorrect level (high temp, low fuel, etc.).

11:00 min mark of the video shows him off in his full brilliance…

Last edited:
interesting to read the hate for GM killing Saab while mentioning how much many liked certain Saab cars that were Saabified GM platforms...Saab killed Saab...poor management by both Saab and GM probably did not help

Bill

For sure, Saab in the 80s had very well engineered vehicles - perhaps exceeding what their peers were doing. Same as Volvos of the era. Those come at a cost. Saab would’ve gone bankrupt sooner if GM or someone else hadn’t stepped in - just wish GM wouldn’t have let Saab flounder at the bottom of their divisions and conversely Saab engineers wouldn’t have gone nuts re-doing stuff they could’ve easily gotten out of the GM parts bin (eg: their nav head units, body mounting positions for suspension bits on the Epsilon platform, etc.). Really a shame imo

Back