Graphene

I was just about to get the TW Graphene spray until I saw this video.

It seems like companies are still trying to figure out how to get the graphene to lay flat and not have EXTREMELY tiny clumps which as you can see at around the 20 minute mark, it doesn't make for a super slick surface. The rest of the ingredients still make the water bead, sheet, protect the surface and shine, but the graphene, at this point, doesn't seem to be utilizing all its great properties in car coatings. There was another YT detailer that mentioned when wiping the car off after using a graphene product, the surface felt like it was sort of grabbing the towel.
Looks like they're working on the issue, but right now it seems to be a marketing thing. If they do get it figured out, it might make ceramics look like candle wax.

I recently applied adams graphine to my 2021 Stinger. I've used every other coating previously so I wanted to try this. It is definitely not as slick as an si02. I will say after my wash yesterday, the blow dry was Painless.
I applied two coats of graphine to the wheels as well. The Stinger is graphine, the mercedes is just a CG wax. No special deep gloss from the graphine either.

Attachments

• 20210308_130752.jpg
    20210308_130752.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 20210309_185230.jpg
    20210309_185230.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 28
I recently used the turtle wax Max wax with graphene, as well as the flex graphene spray. Both were very painless to use.
Gloss, depth, and slickness are all very good. I expect this to perform similarly to their hybrid ceramic line, which has worked very well for me.

I was just about to get the TW Graphene spray until I saw this video.

It seems like companies are still trying to figure out how to get the graphene to lay flat and not have EXTREMELY tiny clumps which as you can see at around the 20 minute mark, it doesn't make for a super slick surface. The rest of the ingredients still make the water bead, sheet, protect the surface and shine, but the graphene, at this point, doesn't seem to be utilizing all its great properties in car coatings. There was another YT detailer that mentioned when wiping the car off after using a graphene product, the surface felt like it was sort of grabbing the towel.
Looks like they're working on the issue, but right now it seems to be a marketing thing. If they do get it figured out, it might make ceramics look like candle wax.

I have some of the Pro Flex Wax spray, but have not had the chance to use it. I believe TW is claiming their use of a different form of graphene minimizes some of the issues the reviewer mentions. 86% of over 800 reviews on Amazon give it 5 stars. I'm looking forward to giving it a go.

Back