Gotta love Apple

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife is an elementary school teacher. I got her a MacBook Pro for Christmas. I took the receipt and a copy of my wife's paystub to the Apple store today, and they retroactively credited me a $100 educator discount. I was only expecting $50. I am very pleased!
banana2.gif
happy2.gif
25.gif

In Canada, when I went to purchase our MacBook Pro, I clicked here and there and ended up at an (online) Apple store that reflected educator's discounts (my wife is a high school teacher). In Canada, the discount on a $3k MacBook Pro was only $150, but it was $150 more than nothing!

The strange thing about it all? Unlike the (online) Apple store in the U.S., where you have to choose *which* educational organization you work for from a series of drop-downs; in Canada, all you had to do was check a box next to a statement that read (something to the effect of): "I promise I'm a teacher"!

Originally Posted By: Mustang_Cougar
Right on.

Now you can buy twice as many black turtlenecks!

Or some Snuggies...... Holy Smokes! The 17in Mac Book Pro starts at $2500 USD!! That should cover air fare for Steve Jobs to fly out and set it up for you.

Quote:
.... Holy Smokes! The 17in Mac Book Pro starts at $2500 USD!!...

True, but the 13" version, which isn't THAT much smaller, starts at less than half that amount.

I've got my eye on a new MacBook Air. I've already started saving for one. Maybe by the end of 2010, I'll have enough in the piggy bank.

Originally Posted By: uc50ic4more

The strange thing about it all? Unlike the (online) Apple store in the U.S., where you have to choose *which* educational organization you work for from a series of drop-downs; in Canada, all you had to do was check a box next to a statement that read (something to the effect of): "I promise I'm a teacher"!

There's no proof required to receive the discount on the US website, so you can just pick any school and get the lower price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back