superintendent pricing

In celebration of the last day of school, everyone from the elementary school goes out for a night on the town.

Since establishments often show their gratitude for the jobs that teachers do, they offer special pricing for educators.

The total is split up such that with drinks and the fancy dinner, and before the special pricing, each share works out to $100.

All the teachers get their checks, $75.

The principal gets hers, $150.

The superintendent gets his, $320.

The principal whispers to the superintendent, what's with these prices. It's as if they took our annual salaries, and removed 3 zeros from them.

Superintendent says, they did.

Last edited:
Frankly, I didn’t know our elementary principals were mid 100’s. Not being funny, I had no idea. A local superintendent in our area (not my township) was 319k.
Coincidentally enough, a year or so ago there was a map of the U.S. with the salary of the highest paid public employee in each state.

The great majority were college coaches, most of them for football.

The great majority were college coaches, most of them for football.
The SEC schools in particular make millions of dollars per football game. There are 12 games in a season. If you do well you will get invited to a bowl game and make millions more. They get $50M for television rights per SEC school - just for the right to put their game on TV.

I am not saying the amount of money spent on college football is justified, but if people will keep paying for the tickets, then you need to put a decent product on the field.

My kids go to a SEC school. They pay zero in athletic fees, and have access to some spectacular athletic facilities. The SEC money pays for all of it.

Back