Got the new truck home and actual payout.

I don't know how I feel about it yet. I should be more excited. I am sure the more I drive the more I will appreciate it. I was paranoid driving it home. That is too much money to wreck!
I really struggle with the look of the new Chevy trucks and can agree with you. It’s not quite ugly, but not easy in the eyes either. I thought the same if the new Fird design when it came out as well and now I think it’s a good looking truck.

All in all, I think you did well.

Well it didn't hurt too bad, but more than I wanted it to. It really is a nice vehicle. Quiet. Plenty of power and rides very nice. I think it will be great for towing. It can tow 16,000lbs. My heaviest trailer is 8000. 401HP and 464 ftl/lbs of torque. No DOD/AFM, no start stop. I like that. Brakes are phenomenal and the transmission is very nice.

So now for the numbers. I paid MSRP of 57,035. I had got a whole 500 bucks off from GM for military. Still was the best deal I could find on this trim level with these options just about anywhere. USAA paid out...46,850 dollars for my 2017. Which is fair market value around here. Crazy.

Anyway, here you go.

View attachment 180620
Once I realized it was sort of an homage to the early 60's trucks, I could appreciate the look.

1960_c___20_chevy_pickup_truck_in_condition_rare_3__4_ton_with_10_lgw.jpg

Congrats on the new truck.

I thought the same thing. The LT I looked at had less options, but the big digital displays which I don't need.
Honestly, the gauges on the Custom are better than the LT and up. The info is legible. The digital ones were designed by someone who wasnt serious. They suck. I will say though that the center screen is nice since I use my Android to listen to podcasts and I have a small Ipod with about 1500 sings on it that I leave connected all the time. Easy to switch between the sources. Sirius was gone after the trial and I refuse to pay for it. I dont miss it at all. When it was free I still felt I was almost paying too much.

That truck’s front end is so gargantuous, it’s like the half dome rock in Yosemite. It’s so mountainous that I can imagine young families taking selfies in front of its gaping front end. You need to put bull horns on that thing.

As posted on another BITOG thread, I am a super duty owner and have been since my purchased new 1991 3/4 ton Silverado brake pipes and trans line failed a very early unessaery death.

A co worker.purchased a 2023 3/4 ton Chevy. I was amazed at how well the standard design was, how serviceable the V8 engine was, etc. If.someone wants a bling machine, the Chevy may not be the top dog..but if someone wants a truck to use as.a.truck, and is a.self maintainer, I think Chevy beats Ford and ram by a very wide margin. I wouldn't think twice of having a new Chevy truck optioned with its standard features on the top of my truck buying list.

Last edited:
As posted on another BITOG thread, I am a super duty owner and have been since my newly purchased 1991 3/4 ton Silverado brake pipes and trans line failed a very early unessaery death.

A co worker.purchased a 2023 3/4 ton Chevy. I was amazed at how well the standard design was, how serviceable the V8 engine was, etc. If.someone wants a bling machine, the Chevy may not be the top dog..but if someone wants a truck to use as.a.truck, and is a.self maintainer, I think Chevy beats Ford and ram by a very wide margin. I wouldn't think twice of heaving a new Chevy truck optioned with its standard features on the top of my truck buying list.
I’ve owned several ford, Chevy and dodge trucks and have always found that chevy trucks to be more maintenance friendly with affordable and readily available parts

That’s a nice truck. Not sure I’m sold on the grille but it’s growing on me. Bummer you had to buy it, but it sure looks like a winner.

That’s a nice truck. Not sure I’m sold on the grille but it’s growing on me. Bummer you had to buy it, but it sure looks like a winner.
We all have different conditions, but I think LS1Mike came out better than if the accident didn't happen. But that is easy for me to say, I didn't have to come up with$10,000 from my pocket to replace a truck that worked great and had zero issues.

DOD is the killer for these trucks. Nice to see it doesn't have it. Not a bad price either, seems you did well on this one.

As posted on another BITOG thread, I am a super duty owner and have been since my purchased new 1991 3/4 ton Silverado brake pipes and trans line failed a very early unessaery death.

A co worker.purchased a 2023 3/4 ton Chevy. I was amazed at how well the standard design was, how serviceable the V8 engine was, etc. If.someone wants a bling machine, the Chevy may not be the top dog..but if someone wants a truck to use as.a.truck, and is a.self maintainer, I think Chevy beats Ford and ram by a very wide margin. I wouldn't think twice of having a new Chevy truck optioned with its standard features on the top of my truck buying list.
yeah, when it comes to working under the hood on a gasoline model truck. GM is by far the nicest..
but I might add the Duramax is just about as bad to work on as powerstroke.

Are you guys saying a 2500HD in Custom trim MSRP 57K is marked up to $70-75K where you are? What was it 2 years ago? Custom is basically Work Truck with aluminum wheels, color matched grill and a few interior things. This is exactly the truck I tried to buy in 2021 but the local Chevy dealer sales staff are complete idiots and we ended up with the GMC.

That truck is going to tow your trailer like a BOSS with the 10 spd! (y)
Yes, all trucks are marked up something crazy, especially the diesels and heavy duty trucks.

That truck’s front end is so gargantuous, it’s like the half dome rock in Yosemite. It’s so mountainous that I can imagine young families taking selfies in front of its gaping front end. You need to put bull horns on that thing.
To be honest I think it is to let a ton of air in. The coolers are huge on this thing.

We all have different conditions, but I think LS1Mike came out better than if the accident didn't happen. But that is easy for me to say, I didn't have to come up with$10,000 from my pocket to replace a truck that worked great and had zero issues.
The more I drive it, the more I like it and you might be right, I am probably better off. As far as I can tell the 6.6 and 10 speed are WAY better than the old 6.0/6L90E as far as power and smoothness. Remains to be seen how it tows, but I have to tow the end of the month so I will know more then. The extra money? Not a huge deal, but it still stings a little knowing the last time I saw my truck it was paid for and being carried away on a wrecker.

Last edited:
Back