Got my first EZPass

You can have up to six transponders on your EZ Pass account. The 3M tape holds well, and each transponder is shipped with an extra tape mounting kit, including alcohol wipes to clean the surface.

Some cars, for example, the Mercedes W220 S class, have a metal layer in the windshield which prevents the transponder being read, and require an external transponder. That transponder attaches to the license plate.

I’ve got six transponders across seven cars (no need to put EZ Pass on the Packard). So, I still swap transponders once in a while. The 3M tape makes that quick and easy. I mount them high up, and behind the mirror, so they don’t block my line of sight.

The number of vehicles permitted to be registered to a transponder varies by state. In PA and NY, you are limited to 4 vehicles. Other states will let you register multiple vehicles to a transponder. It is crazy that there are not uniform rules across all participating states.

You can have up to six transponders on your EZ Pass account. The 3M tape holds well, and each transponder is shipped with an extra tape mounting kit, including alcohol wipes to clean the surface.

Some cars, for example, the Mercedes W220 S class, have a metal layer in the windshield which prevents the transponder being read, and require an external transponder. That transponder attaches to the license plate.

I’ve got six transponders across seven cars (no need to put EZ Pass on the Packard). So, I still swap transponders once in a while. The 3M tape makes that quick and easy. I mount them high up, and behind the mirror, so they don’t block my line of sight.
On cars I'll keep a few weeks or months I'm not sticking those 3M tape squares on the windshield. Suction cups seem like a great idea and I can swap the thing between any car I have. I only expect to use it once or twice a year anyway if past experience is any guide.

Back