Best way through New Jersey?

I like cheap gas. The Woodrow Wilson service plaza is on my to-do list!

Also use the former Tappan Zee to get to CT. If we did use the GWB, we use the Henry Hudson to the GWB as it's a massive time saver, with a NY E-ZPass tag. Without a NY tag one would be absolutely decimated by the toll. $8.25 vs. $3.18, that's a big difference.

1718367882478.jpg

But we often use Rt. 1 to avoid the NJ Turnpike which is outrageous.

We do it as we have relatives at exit 135 on the GSP, and we live in the Phila. suburbs. It seems a lot longer than it really is, costs us about 15 minutes of extra time but is actually shorter distance.

We take Rt. 1 starting in Edison which is exit 10 of the turnpike. You can take 95 north out of Phila. if you want to use Rt. 1.

to get an idea of what I mean, set your destination for Sesame Place in Langhorne, PA, from New Brunswick, NJ. This highlights the section of Rt. 1 I am referring to.

1718368165310.jpg

Also Saudi Arabia would have to give 180 day notice to leave the agreement. No notice anywhere on reputable News channels.
That being said they may talk about it to secure a better weapon or security deal from the USA on the threat of leaving.

Well I'm here!

Got a road rager on the Mass Pike that threw a bag of trash at me, he didn't appreciate that I was straddling lanes at a merge to prevent people blowing by then cutting in. :LOL:

Hit NY traffic at about 2:30pm on 287. GSP was bad-- I was on it for like 55 miles and 48 of them were 0-25 stop & go. 🤬 NJ Turnpike was a dream in comparison, though we hit a pretty sweet thunderstorm that slowed traffic down to 12 MPH. PA got five bucks in tolls out of me for a very short amount of travel. Here's hoping going home Sunday morning flows better!

The classic rock station, 104.3, has ten minutes of commercials. I counted them! From ten past the hour until 20, then again from 40 to 50. That said it has a great signal.

Prius lost its voice, the horn is dead. I put a high-power Wolo one in, maybe blew a fuse or relay. Of all the days!

From Connecticut to Philadelphia you can avoid almost all tolls by Taking the Tappan zee bridge to I-87 North, near Suffern NY exii to I-287 south. Take to Exit 17, then follow Route 202 to NJ 31 south, to the Interstate to Pennsylvania;

Reverse this route coming home.

Avoids all of New York City, the George Washington Bridge, the NJ Turnpike, and the Garden State Parkway

The parkway goes the wrong way after they cross. Your best bet may be NY Thruway to GSP to either 287 or TP. Once you get near 295, swap over to it. Then get off on 70, take that to the Ben Franklin Bridge.

Stop by and say hello.

Edit - guess I’m a little late on the directions…

104.3 - brings back memories. Q104 was my friends and my favorite station growing up in the NYC suburbs of North Jersey.

Well I'm here!

Got a road rager on the Mass Pike that threw a bag of trash at me, he didn't appreciate that I was straddling lanes at a merge to prevent people blowing by then cutting in. :LOL:

Hit NY traffic at about 2:30pm on 287. GSP was bad-- I was on it for like 55 miles and 48 of them were 0-25 stop & go. 🤬 NJ Turnpike was a dream in comparison, though we hit a pretty sweet thunderstorm that slowed traffic down to 12 MPH. PA got five bucks in tolls out of me for a very short amount of travel. Here's hoping going home Sunday morning flows better!

The classic rock station, 104.3, has ten minutes of commercials. I counted them! From ten past the hour until 20, then again from 40 to 50. That said it has a great signal.

Prius lost its voice, the horn is dead. I put a high-power Wolo one in, maybe blew a fuse or relay. Of all the days!
Down near PHL try 93.3 WMMR or 102.9 love the hosts and the music. NJTPk is efficient if not cheap. I live near the southern end of it gets a little more chaotic the further north you go. Two great articles on it

Glad you made it, albeit with some traffic, would have said 84 across the Newburgh Beacon Bridge down 87 to 287.

Why would you do that? NJ gas is cheaper and is pumped for you? Seems like bad advice at best, stupid at worst…
I agree....I buy virtually all my gas in NJ because it's 20 to 30 cents a gallon cheaper on average. Only once or twice in 40 years has a pump jockey told me not to pump myself despite NJ law against it.

It's not cheaper anymore due to state tax hikes. I don't want my gas pumped for me.
It’s still cheaper, just not as cheap. Yes, sometimes a deal can be found in Delaware, but it’s a rarity in PA, and never the case in NY.

I drive to Washington, dc quite often, like weekly. I can buy my gas anywhere I choose. It’s NJ or south of Fredericksburg. And no place to the north or west is cheaper when leaving. Tank up in NJ and get to OH.

I don’t care for my gas being pumped for me, but it’s an idiotic excuse to pay more.

Reactions: pbm
It's not cheaper anymore due to state tax hikes. I don't want my gas pumped for me.
My wife loved that small luxury in her life. Until she noticed the attendants whacked her fuel door with the noozle to close and walked inside to charge her card.

Now I do it for her.

On the return drive took the NJ turnpike the whole way to 9W, Cuomo bridge, Saw Mill River Parkway to 684 to 84. Delightful! Cheap? Probably not. :unsure: Got gas for 3.439 somewhere random in very eastern PA.

Back