Got me a GLI Autobahn

Well guys, I put money into a new mk7 gli. I did want a manual, but they did not have any. DSG 7 speed it was.

The only negative i have on it so far is the electric power steering. I have never driven such a modern car before, the interior was like I was living in the year 2050, it doesn't get this better.

I waxed the car, I smeared armor all everywhere, and put leather honey on the leather pieces/seats. I will be putting on seat covers though.

Does anybody have one and know any issues that happen?

Copy of IMG_0510.JPG
IMG_0513.JPG

5k oil changes with the correct VW spec for your car. It will say under the hood. 10K is way too much for these EA888.3 engines.

Run a PEA based fuel injector cleaner through it every 25k or so. Something like techron.

The DSG needs servicing every 40k miles. It's kind of a PITA. Worth it for how great the transmission is to drive, IMO.

Congrats! I wish you took better pictures though. All I'm seeing is the hood and headlights.

I have a 2021 DSG pure gray (Canadian spec) and so far am happy with it. DSG is better if you are going to tune the engine, it can handle more power.

However, DSG tune sucks - sometimes downshifts are annoyingly slow, and it auto-upshifts no matter which mode you are in, and always short shifts to 2nd gear if you launch it.

Tires are also one of the worst I've ever driven, and I'm driving a lot of new cars on a weekly basis. I got rid of them and bought summer tires, it's definitely worth the hassle.

If you're going to keep the car, 5k OCI with 508.00 is the way to go. Haldex fluid (for front diff) also needs to be changed along with DSG fluid at every 40k miles.

Congrats! I wish you took better pictures though. All I'm seeing is the hood and headlights.

I have a 2021 DSG pure gray (Canadian spec) and so far am happy with it. DSG is better if you are going to tune the engine, it can handle more power.

However, DSG tune sucks - sometimes downshifts are annoyingly slow, and it auto-upshifts no matter which mode you are in, and always short shifts to 2nd gear if you launch it.

Tires are also one of the worst I've ever driven, and I'm driving a lot of new cars on a weekly basis. I got rid of them and bought summer tires, it's definitely worth the hassle.

If you're going to keep the car, 5k OCI with 508.00 is the way to go. Haldex fluid (for front diff) also needs to be changed along with DSG fluid at every 40k miles.

I will be taking better pictures tomorrow lol, I love this pure grey, I actually like knowing it will hesitate downshifting but lspi is a concern, and I did put on summer tires the moment I got them. I am going to keep the car indefinitely (its also going to get undercoated soon even though I dont live anywhere near snow).

No way am I going to stretch above a 5k oil change on these engines, its a 4 cylinder crammed with a turbocharger, direct injection, AND there is a timing chain.

Good ride I have a 19. I should say my wife does cause it’s hard to pry it away from
Her once she started driving it

Only issue I have had is a haldex DTC and it was leaking a little from it as well. Dealership put in a new unit and wiring for it. We have approx 23k on it.

We have different tires and wheels on it. Springs and a tune.

I do 5k oil changes with Not 508 oil. Have used 502 and 504 only in it. Just depends what I have laying around at the time.

Enjoy the car

i enjoyed my trouble free 2001 jetta wolfsburg for 200 thou with tuning + am now enjoying my 60 thou 2001 TT 225q roadster, both manuals! good luck with yours + enjoy it! both my rides got REAL synthetic oils, 10-30 in the jetta + 10-40 + or 15-50 in the looser higher performing TT also APR tuned!!

Looking nice!

Did they change the tire? It used to be Hankook Kinergy GT, it was the worst tire I've ever seen.

Bridgestone Turanza should be better than that.
Yeah I think the dealer put those turanza's on, the tread seems to be for summer only. No problem for me.

Back