Google voice

Has anyone ported a wireless number over to Google voice.. any issues to know of? I'm looking at this do to the annoyance of 2 phones. It's a one time fee of $20 I'm game at giving this a try.

I did this a long time ago but with FaceTime and Facebook Messenger , Google Voice went obsolete. Plus, you don’t have to do the camera bit. Both offer a audio only option.

I did this a long time ago but with FaceTime and Facebook Messenger , Google Voice went obsolete. Plus, you don’t have to do the camera bit. Both offer a audio only option.
I currently carry a boost mobile phone for my side business I am looking to still talk and text from my boost phone number, so I don't have to give customer's my personal number. That's why I thought the Google voice app would make a good solution to carrying two phones.

I did it a long time ago (like 11-12 years ago) and it's been my primary number since. I was issued a work phone and wanted to keep my personal number, this allowed me to install the GV app on the work phone and still text/call from my personal number using one phone. It's worked out great.

I did it a long time ago (like 11-12 years ago) and it's been my primary number since. I was issued a work phone and wanted to keep my personal number, this allowed me to install the GV app on the work phone and still text/call from my personal number using one phone. It's worked out great.
Yep that’s about how long ago I did it as well. Although I don’t really use it anymore that’s where it has stayed since then. Mine was originally a landline number that I first had to port to an AT&T Go Phone.

I initiated the port process looks like maybe 3-4 days and the boost line should be fully ported into google voice. 👍

Yeah I didn't port but about 10 years ago created a Google voice number to use for work. It's been flawless for the most part and it's nice being able to easily "shut off" the work number if needed and still maintain personal number functionality.

Has anyone ported a wireless number over to Google voice.. any issues to know of? I'm looking at this do to the annoyance of 2 phones. It's a one time fee of $20 I'm game at giving this a try.
Off topic a bit but you do know it's due to, not do to? Sorry, I see this constantly here.🤬

I carry 2 numbers on 1 phone; one is thru my carrier (paid), and one is google voice (free) as a work phone. It works pretty good, sporadic, but useful and free. It's not seamless, but it is pretty good and for free it's excellent. I'd pay $20 one-time for the service if necessary but when I did it 8 years ago it was free.

Didn't port a number, but since at least one of the kids, wife, or I are on iPad, iPhone, work computer, home computer all the time, I figure it is a good way to broadcast a family message to everyone at home without an additional landline / cell. So far it works well for that purpose.

I carry 2 numbers on 1 phone; one is thru my carrier (paid), and one is google voice (free) as a work phone. It works pretty good, sporadic, but useful and free. It's not seamless, but it is pretty good and for free it's excellent. I'd pay $20 one-time for the service if necessary but when I did it 8 years ago it was free.
The service has always been free but porting a number to GV has never been free.

The service has always been free but porting a number to GV has never been free.

The confusion is in the number porting. I had it for free around 15 years ago. I selected a local number from a list Google provided and my family and friends could use that when I was out of country. One thing I really liked was that a email would be sent to me if someone called while I wasn’t available online and that included a voicemail transcript which was decent but not perfect.

Update, as of this moment no such port took place my boost mobile phone is still fully functional. It's closing in on the 24 hr window where I should be ported in and total of up to 3 days for full port into gvoice

I ported my decade-plus old number to GV a couple years ago in order to take advantage of a loophole in Sprint's upgrade offer at the time. I'm still using it to this day, even though I could port said number back to Sprint at this point.

In my experience, after a couple weeks of tweaking and getting used to the functionality I found myself oblivious to the change. The only difference (for the better) is the ability to use my "carrier" number for business dealings and GV for everything else.

As for porting, and this is going from memory, but I want to say it took about 20 minutes. Porting is a tricky process, and every experience is different.

I ported my decade-plus old number to GV a couple years ago in order to take advantage of a loophole in Sprint's upgrade offer at the time. I'm still using it to this day, even though I could port said number back to Sprint at this point.

In my experience, after a couple weeks of tweaking and getting used to the functionality I found myself oblivious to the change. The only difference (for the better) is the ability to use my "carrier" number for business dealings and GV for everything else.

As for porting, and this is going from memory, but I want to say it took about 20 minutes. Porting is a tricky process, and every experience is different.
The port process did take around 48 hours which they said all up and running I'm really enjoying the Google Voice service. Yes it does take a little tweaking of the app but once configured works as good as a primary phone

Off topic a bit but you do know it's due to, not do to? Sorry, I see this constantly here.🤬
off topic but you didn't use punctuation correctly ;).
If you want to "grammer nazi" its best to line up all your ducks.:LOL:

IMO... a good chuck of it is from people using voice to text or typing on phone.
There, they're, and there are commonly used wrong as well.

Back