Shingles vaccine immediately after giving blood?

The place where I give blood has their mobile donation center set up at my local pharmacy all month. I am scheduled to get my Shingles vaccine at said pharmacy. Would there be any potential for worse side effects from the vaccine if I get it immediately after giving blood? Google won't give me a straight answer. AI says I'm good. What say the BITOGers?

The place where I give blood has their mobile donation center set up at my local pharmacy all month. I am scheduled to get my Shingles vaccine at said pharmacy. Would there be any potential for worse side effects from the vaccine if I get it immediately after giving blood? Google won't give me a straight answer. AI says I'm good. What say the BITOGers?
Call your PCP and leave a message with and MD or DO, hopefully they can get back to you in a day. I would personally wait until I hear back.

Everyone reacts differently to the vaccine. Some don't even have a side effect at all , where others are completely exhausted after the shingles( or covid) vaccine. I felt too poor to take care of patients the day after the shingrix vaccine.

If in doubt, wait a few weeks from whichever you do first.

I would not. The Shingrix vaccine had me off my feet for a day.

But c’mon man, this is like asking your doctor which VII should be used in 5w30.

What are the odds of getting a knowledgeable answer? How do you distinguish those from all the pure guesses, based on nothing?

I would not. The Shingrix vaccine had me off my feet for a day.

But c’mon man, this is like asking your doctor which VII should be used in 5w30.

What are the odds of getting a knowledgeable answer? How do you distinguish those from all the pure guesses, based on nothing?
Ultimately I never do or don't do anything based simply on what you knuckleheads say. I do value your opinions, though. :)

Everyone reacts differently to the vaccine. Some don't even have a side effect at all , where others are completely exhausted after the shingles( or covid) vaccine. I felt too poor to take care of patients the day after the shingrix vaccine.

spasm3 is 100% correct. I had my first Shingrix shot 25 hours ago and feel nothing other than a bit of soreness at the injection site.

I would be doing some suspension work on the Jeep if it wasn't cold and raining outside.

Average human at 180 Lbs has about 1.5 gallons of blood. I doubt very much 1 pint makes a difference, but he has a call into his doctor office which is always the proper thing to do or even at the blood drive center if any question.

I am planning to get vaccinated this year. From what I've read, it is a series of two shots taken two months apart. Were your symptoms experienced after the first or second dose (or both)?

Don't listen to AI or people on this forum, call your doctor and ask they know you better and they know your medical conditions, risks, etc.

All I know is I have never had the shingles vaccine and have never had shingles, so far. Like everyone from my generation, I had chicken pox as a child. Both of my brothers got the shingles vaccine and then got shingles afterwards.

personally, I'd wait. Giving blood must cause some stress the body. Getting a vaccine causes some stress to the body. Why do both at once if you don't have to.

Don't listen to AI or people on this forum, call your doctor and ask they know you better and they know your medical conditions, risks, etc.
My PCP office nurse returned my call. My PCP said any time after giving blood is fine, no need to wait. I didn't ask for any elaboration.

Back