Goodyear Eagle LS -- change from OEM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stu, I just came back from having new shoes mounted this morning. I went with the OEM Goodyears. Three new tires @ $115 each (dear Gawd!), plus mounting, balancing, and tax, came out to $433. Already the ride seems smoother.

Yeah, I'd have saved a bit with Tire Rack, but not that much once you add shipping. The TPMS was reporting that pressure was low on one or more as I drove back, so tomorrow morning before work I'll get 'em all set to 34/33 and tell the system that's normal.

Thanks to all for the advice!

thats a fairly horrid tire but if you like it why change :)

Its more overpriced mediocrity than just bad.

eaglels.jpg

I don't get it. You saw the terrible reviews on TireRack, read the bad feedback here, and still went with the OEM junk? Do these tires have some redeeming quality nobody else knows about?

Wow, you guys are critical. The Eagle LS is not what I would have chosen, either, but it's not "horrid" or "junk."

In those Tire Rack surveys, it did well in "ride comfort," which is what Benzadmiral values most. The customer reviews at TR from people who use the P225/60R16 size weren't universally bad, like they are for some other OE applications.

In this size it offers maybe 75% of the performance of other tires, but at 70% of the cost. From a value perspective (which is increasingly important these days), I can't impugn this purchase.

Well, as I recall, the reviews on TireRack were mixed -- one person raved, another spat invective and called the Goodyears junk, and back and forth. Stu-Rock is right: The cost is an issue, and this way I only had to buy three instead of four tires.

Now that the car is paid off, I'll have a bit more disposable income. If these wear faster than expected, I may try something else in a few years.

I must say that we love the G/Y Assurance Comfort Treads on my wifes Lexus RX-300. And I can't say that Im a fan of Good/Year due to my past and recent experience with their poor quality. I currently have the Eagle LS's on my Altima for the summer in 17" and the Pirelli P4's in the stock size of 16" for the winter. Love the Pirelli's but, so-so on the LS's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back