Goodbye T-Mobile-Hello Google Fi

Just a reminder for everyone RE: T-mobile -

TMO will be firing up a TON more 2.5ghz spectrum in the next few months that should GREATLY improve network quality and capacity.

Are you talking about band 41, or something else? In my area band 41 was Sprint, and it stayed on the air after the buyout but T-Mobile changed it to 5G only. My 4G device could no longer use band 41.

Are you talking about band 41, or something else? In my area band 41 was Sprint, and it stayed on the air after the buyout but T-Mobile changed it to 5G only. My 4G device could no longer use band 41.

I do believe band 41 is the 2.5ghz spectrum that TMO is using for its 5G UC network. I've been a Sprint customer since 2010, and their 2.5ghz spectrum is more or less why TMO bought them. After adding even more spectrum in the FCC auction (spectrum which is going live in the next few months), the N41 band should provide even more speed and capacity when coupled with bands N25 and N71.

Google Fi = T-Mobile if you have an iPhone. Android, the cell provider is usually T-Mobile but can be others.

There are only three cell providers in the US:
- Verizon
- AT&T
- T-Mobile (Deutsche Telefone)

All other cell companies buy huge amount of minutes from one of these providers at a large discount, and then sell minutes at higher prices to make money.
Dish network is the 4th = Boost Mobile, granted they still use the top 3 but are building out their own network as required to by the FCC as part of the purchase agreement.

I do believe band 41 is the 2.5ghz spectrum that TMO is using for its 5G UC network. I've been a Sprint customer since 2010, and their 2.5ghz spectrum is more or less why TMO bought them. After adding even more spectrum in the FCC auction (spectrum which is going live in the next few months), the N41 band should provide even more speed and capacity when coupled with bands N25 and N71.
If that comes to point them maybe I'll switch back. I knew we had the UW with the T-Mobile towers in my area but being on Google Fi I was denied access whereas the other side of the house all had that access on their iPhones.

Pretty happy with Visible so far. Picked up VZ UW right away.

Back