Good experience today selling my SUV to Carmax in Virginia

After 13 months of owning four vehicles with only two elderly drivers, I decided to keep my 2007 Ridgeline and sell the 2020 Infiniti QX60 Luxe AWD. I dealt with two new car dealers and Carmax, who beat the other two by $2,000. So I made the 65 mile drive to Virginia Beach, was in and out of Carmax in 80 minutes and walked away with a nice check after my loan payoff. It really was a decent, streamlined experience at least in my case. I know Carmax doesn't please everyone, but the store sure was busy when I was there. When my wife finally decides to give up her M35, it may be time to lease a new vehicle, considering how pricey they all seem these days. I definitely liked the QX60, it gave me zero problems and never needed any warranty work or repairs. But the 4 year warranty was due to expire in September, so the timing was right for me. The depreciation from new---not so much.

Any time you are paid a fair price with either cash or a bounceless check, that's a good experience.

Good for you.
I sold two vehicles last year to Carmax and Carvana.
No problem with either but I preferred Carvana as they sent a lady out by Uber to pick it up and no inspection although I offered and that was that.
Carmax was about the same time frame as yours but I had to catch an Uber home.

Back