Good deal on Cadillac lease?

Not sure how long your lease is for but assuming its a 39mo lease you will end up driving a roughtly 40k vehicle for $19,832 (this is your down payment and sum of 39 payments but not incl tax/fees). So you are basically just paying for what you use and then turning it in - that might be better then buying it since you can return it if you don't like it or end up purchasing it as the agreed value. 10k miles a year is not much so you have to watch that or you can be paying a lot of mileage overage fees when you end the lease.

Definitely but the wife likes a new car every few years and it's a write off for me and I pay for it before my money is taxed. I personally like to own n drive it into the ground
You mean to tell me you plan on spending money to make your wife happy… So you don’t stick it all in the bank and just stare at it or rake it into piles and swim in it like Scrooge McDuck?

Preposterous.

Leasing is the worst car deal you can get into BUT can actually make sense for a business and the deal you listed is actually pretty good for a lease. You want to put little to nothing down on a lease, if she totaled it next week you lose all of it.

Two questions. Do you have to pay sales or personal property taxes on the car? This varies from state to state and could be a pile of money on a Cadillac. Are you confident she will come in under 10k a year? If not then another pile of cash.

If neither of those are issues I’d say go for it if the dealer isn’t playing games and trying to pack more profit into the deal in the fine print.

sounds like a nice car OP, congrats... post pics when you get it.

Leasing is one of the few where I actually do try to shop by monthly payment. I want to put 0 money down, and then I tell them what payment I want and we negotiate that way.

I do not care what the vehicle's MSRP is, or where they adjust the price. Monthly payment is all I care about in a lease.

One advantage of a lease, assuming the vehicle is offered with free maintenance, is that it becomes a fixed monthly cost. We have friends who retired from Ford and they lease a new Lincoln every three years. They always drive new cars and never have unexpected repair bills or need to buy tires. It seems to work for them, but they have the money to do it.

Scott

Just got off the phone with the general manager we agreed on a deal on the car I initially went to bargain on. CTV 5 - series twin turbo 6 wife is happy I'm thrilled. Dropping my youngest daughter off at college tomorrow going Wed morning to wrap it up. Thanks everyone for some good input
You will love it. My wife has a CT5 not a V but has the twin turbo 6 and AWD. It's a pretty rare car when most are the 2.0L. It says 550T on the back instead of 350T - thats how to tell the 3.0TT motor.

Just got off the phone with the general manager we agreed on a deal on the car I initially went to bargain on. CTV 5 - series twin turbo 6 wife is happy I'm thrilled. Dropping my youngest daughter off at college tomorrow going Wed morning to wrap it up. Thanks everyone for some good input
CT5V ?

When I worked at BMW I was able to lease a $50,000 i3 REx for 24 months at the princely sum of $100 per month. $400 OOP and 3 MSDs
I still regret making such an irresponsible financial decision. 😂
chevy bolts and nissan leafs sub 100
ioniqs 150

tundras 300
tacos 199

fun times

You will love it. My wife has a CT5 not a V but has the twin turbo 6 and AWD. It's a pretty rare car when most are the 2.0L. It says 550T on the back instead of 350T - thats how to tell the 3.0TT motor.
Yes I'm excited it's been awhile since we had some sort of performance car. It's been a few decades of young kids then hump kids to college SUVs finally broke the cycle

Back