good alternator brand

Is the dodgy carquest remanufactured alternator good? My jetta alternator just died on me ): , anybody have any good brands or should I stick with oem. I am trying to save money on the alternator but an alternator with reliability would be nice if it was cheap.

I would try a Bosch reman (go to their site and see the part number) or one from VW if the price is reasonable.

If you know the Bosch number, Summit Racing often has good prices on them.

But if you need it right now, the Carquest is probably no better or worse than any of the other white box alternators from the part stores.

Here are a few previous threads on that topic that may help answer your question:

Here are a few previous threads on that topic that may help answer your question:

thanks bro

Rebuilders have just about disappeared since the cheap Chinese alternators started to flood the market 20 years ago. You can get a remanufactured one from Cardone, but if its parts are coming from China too, it's a gamble.

carquest reman jetta alternator seems to be rebuilt bosch, i mean it comes with a one year warranty, so I will go with carquest and see the quality.

Agree with AandPan. Find a good rebuild shop and have yours rebuilt. I have had bad luck with rebuilts from parts stores but never had a problem from a rebuild shop.

Depends if its something where the alternator is easy to change.. doesnt matter much..

if it is an annoying or harder job I'd cough up for OEM or have it rebuilt.

or even a low mile used one off a recycler.

I just installed the carquest remanufactured bosch unit.

my stereo dont work no more lol, I think when i connected the battery back the fuse popped. and suggestions?

It all seems hit or miss. On the rebuilt units, what's stopping a non OE core from making its way into being rebuilt? Also, even when a unit is rebuilt, I doubt they're sourcing OE parts. Except if it's being rebuilt by the same company that makes it. I would almost be inclined to think that a large company like Cardone would have more consistency in QC and sourcing parts than the local rebuilder.

Back