which alternator brand TYC, REMY, Wai Global? any of these good?

Hello, I will need a new alternator soon enough for my mazda 3, and looking at rockauto for the new ones I can choose from these brands in around the same price range. are any of these brands decent or is it random china garbage and testing your luck? I am in Canada, so dealing with the core return for a reman/rebuilt alternator won't really work for me since I would probably have to pay $40-45 to ship the core to the states, however ill still include the options. Rockauto says they give discounted return labels but I feel like thats only for the states. **i live in a smaller canadian city so no alt rebuilders here**

all prices in CAD
NEW:
Remy 94133 - $150 cad
TYC 211008 - $149 cad
Wai Global 11008N- $154 cad
ACDELCO 3351313 Professional : $221 cad (dont really want to spend this much unless i have to/if its worth it)

Reman:
MAGNETI MARELLI RMMAL00076 wholesaler closeout ( no core charge at all) - $106 cad
PURE ENERGY 11008 reman ($50.18 core charge but doesn't matter cuz ill get it back) - $108 + $45 to ship back the core - $153 CAD total price
REMY 12615 reman ($98.00 core charge but doesnt matter cuz ill get it back) - $99 + $45 to ship back the core - $144 cad total price
BBB industries 11008 Reman - (87$ core charge but doesnt matter cuz ill get it back) - $115 + $45 to ship back the core - total $160 cad
BOSCH AL4238X reman (may not include pulley) - $98 core charge but doesnt matter cuz ill get it back - $153.92 + $45 to ship back core - total $198 cad

i am sorry to post this thread, i read around already and know this is beaten like a dead horse but i wanted to post it with my options
ok so those are my options, ive heard mixed reviews between reman and new, the only brand i actually recognize is the ac delco new and the bosch reman. I assume a bosch reman would be good quality no?

the last china alternator i got i cant remember if it was new or reman but it had a bad whine/whistle noise but has still been running fine for 5 years. would prefer one that sounds normal ahaha
**i live in a smaller canadian city so no alt rebuilders here**

so what are the top 3 choices?

AC Delco or Remy new I’ve used some of those other brands and they haven’t lasted very long. The Bosch reman might be ok but I usually stay away from reman stuff except from the local guy here in town who rebuilds them right in front of you.

AC Delco or Remy new I’ve used some of those other brands and they haven’t lasted very long. The Bosch reman might be ok but I usually stay away from reman stuff except from the local guy here in town who rebuilds them right in front of you.
thanks!! would you think its worth it to pay the extra $70 or whatever for the delco one or is it a toss up? probably another stupid question but i assume its fine to use delco in a mazda right? i thought delco only made parts to fit gm etc etc

thanks!! would you think its worth it to pay the extra $70 or whatever for the delco one or is it a toss up? probably another stupid question but i assume its fine to use delco in a mazda right? i thought delco only made parts to fit gm etc etc
Haha funny you ask that I have lots of AcDelco on my Mazda they specialize in GM oem but most of their parts are interchangeable with any manufacturer. I have had great luck with their parts. The Remy should be fine for you but the AC Delco I have seen last for a long time too.

sadly theres no rebuilders in my small city
I was thinking more long the lines of encouraging people to at least check alternator brushes and replace them themselves, if that will fix their alternator. On a lot of cars this is relatively easy to do and I would expect lots of YouTube videos on it. I would rate the degree of difficulty of replacing alternator brushes about as difficult as on oil change. Brushes can often be obtained locally as well, and are relatively cheap. This might be the most common failure on a new (not rebuilt) alternator.

Now if you thought that you had a bad diode pack, that might require help from someone with decent electronics knowledge and a high wattage soldering gun. That and enough time for a mail ordered part.

Have you checked any of your parts stores for prices? From parts stores I have had the best luck with Napa and Auto Zone for alternators and stuff. Not sure if you have those in Canada or not.

And yes I agree with the above rebuilding them is actually not hard I learned from the local guy. Now obtaining a rebuild kit for it maybe hard.

Have you checked any of your parts stores for prices? From parts stores I have had the best luck with Napa and Auto Zone for alternators and stuff. Not sure if you have those in Canada or not.

yeah they do have them, i called around and can find a champion one for $220 cad ish, and then also a different part store carries one thats rebuilt by Dixie Electric for $160 cad. I just don't know if I can trust these rebuilds if you know what i mean, would prefer to buy a bigger name alternator like remy or delco etc etc unless dixie electric is known for good alternators ahah

thx!

yeah they do have them, i called around and can find a champion one for $220 cad ish, and then also a different part store carries one thats rebuilt by Dixie Electric for $160 cad. I just don't know if I can trust these rebuilds if you know what i mean, would prefer to buy a bigger name alternator like remy or delco etc etc unless dixie electric is known for good alternators ahah

thx!
Never even heard of those brands and for auto parts especially something that could leave you stranded I’d stay away from the knock offs. I’d get the RockAuto ones in that case either the Remy or Delco should work fine for you. I always get new also.

Hello, I will need a new alternator soon enough for my mazda 3, and looking at rockauto for the new ones I can choose from these brands in around the same price range. are any of these brands decent or is it random china garbage and testing your luck? I am in Canada, so dealing with the core return for a reman/rebuilt alternator won't really work for me since I would probably have to pay $40-45 to ship the core to the states, however ill still include the options. Rockauto says they give discounted return labels but I feel like thats only for the states. **i live in a smaller canadian city so no alt rebuilders here**

all prices in CAD
NEW:
Remy 94133 - $150 cad
TYC 211008 - $149 cad
Wai Global 11008N- $154 cad
ACDELCO 3351313 Professional : $221 cad (dont really want to spend this much unless i have to/if its worth it)

Reman:
MAGNETI MARELLI RMMAL00076 wholesaler closeout ( no core charge at all) - $106 cad
PURE ENERGY 11008 reman ($50.18 core charge but doesn't matter cuz ill get it back) - $108 + $45 to ship back the core - $153 CAD total price
REMY 12615 reman ($98.00 core charge but doesnt matter cuz ill get it back) - $99 + $45 to ship back the core - $144 cad total price
BBB industries 11008 Reman - (87$ core charge but doesnt matter cuz ill get it back) - $115 + $45 to ship back the core - total $160 cad
BOSCH AL4238X reman (may not include pulley) - $98 core charge but doesnt matter cuz ill get it back - $153.92 + $45 to ship back core - total $198 cad

i am sorry to post this thread, i read around already and know this is beaten like a dead horse but i wanted to post it with my options
ok so those are my options, ive heard mixed reviews between reman and new, the only brand i actually recognize is the ac delco new and the bosch reman. I assume a bosch reman would be good quality no?

the last china alternator i got i cant remember if it was new or reman but it had a bad whine/whistle noise but has still been running fine for 5 years. would prefer one that sounds normal ahaha
**i live in a smaller canadian city so no alt rebuilders here**

so what are the top 3 choices?

From that list the Bosch reman would be the one for me.

If your planning to keep the car five or more years I would bite the bullet and go AC Delco, otherwise the cheapest local part with a lifetime warranty.

oh yeah warranty is a good way to think about it, the local ones are pricey in canada, the local champion is $220 ish with 3 year warranty but at that price might as well just buy delco, i feel like it would last longer then the local ones. i guess for me its the decision between remy or delco for new or bosch for the reman, but i believe people lean towards the new rather then reman

Back