Good all season tire with above avg snow traction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just put Goodyear Weather Ready's on my GF's Rav 4. They are the only severe snow tire I could find locally ( Discount Tire) that is not a dedicated winter tire. They are really great tires, especially in the snow.

I have dedicated snows on my VW Golf, it does almost as well as her AWD Rav 4.

I'm running the latest generation of Tiger Paw, the AWP 3 on the Classic and the Maxima in my signature. Its the second winter for one set. Not a ton of snow so far this year, but the bad timing of smaller storms with ice forced both cars to drive in it before the plows came around. No issues climbing a few of the 20% grade hills leaving the house. Braking was ok. No sliding or spinning. I didn't push it. You can't around here you end up in a ditch or a tree. Has the dots so you can balance better. Nice ride on the highway. Ask me again in another 20k, maybe my review wont be so good lol

[Linked Image]

So I'm really torn between the General Altimax RT43 and the Pirelli P4 4 seasons. Amazon has them both and with my Amazon CC I get 5% cash back. Generals are $95 a tire and Pirelli's are $78 a tire. General is H rated and the Pirelli is T rated. I'm almost 40 and don't really drive all that aggressive anymore so I'm not sure the speed rating matters much.

Continental Procontact TX gave me exceptional performance On packed snow, going uphill, in a FWD VW the last two years. Were about 30% and 50% worn at the time, respectively. The car Of course had something to do with it but still it was impressive.

Originally Posted by jayjr1105
So I'm really torn between the General Altimax RT43 and the Pirelli P4 4 seasons. Amazon has them both and with my Amazon CC I get 5% cash back. Generals are $95 a tire and Pirelli's are $78 a tire. General is H rated and the Pirelli is T rated. I'm almost 40 and don't really drive all that aggressive anymore so I'm not sure the speed rating matters much.

I don't think either would be a bad choice although I've never run the RT43's. I was just about to put a set on the wife's car when Sam's ran a special on Pirelli Scorpion STR's so I went with those. I've had P4's on my Buick daily driver for a few years now and am very happy with them. I used BFG tires many years ago but had a run where I wasn't too happy with them so haven't been back since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back