Going with Motul 7100 this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tried various Syn Oils in my bike. MOBIL 1 4 T, Castrol 4T and my last run was Amsoil Metric. I decided next year I am trying Motul 7100. I ordered a 4 liter jug from Amazon for $ 45.00 which puts it inline with Amsoil prices. Also ordered a K&N oil filter.

I usually change my oil in the spring but am going to change it this fall for a change. Riding season is done for me....
frown.gif

I found no advantage to the Motul 7100. Was a waste of money for me, in that my bikes didnt noticeably like it more than other oils priced much less. I settled back with Amalie 10w40. The best shifting oil that I have used. I know, its just me.....

Originally Posted by ddtmoto
I found no advantage to the Motul 7100. Was a waste of money for me, in that my bikes didnt noticeably like it more than other oils priced much less. I settled back with Amalie 10w40. The best shifting oil that I have used. I know, its just me.....

I am sure different bikes like different oils just like cars seem to.

The choices narrow up a bit when you have to use 10W60. Not as widely offered across the various brands. I'm sticking with ENI (formerly AGIP) for now since that's what the manual "recommends" although I think Guzzi just switched "recommendation" to Castrol. Castrol must've offered a better OEM relationship agreement so now all of the sudden Castrol is the magic juice "recommended" in the manual for new models. Piaggio is the parent company of Moto Guzzi so I think the Castrol proclamation is coming down from Piaggio, which means Aprilia will also be pimping Castrol in their owner manuals as well.

I won't use Castrol however. Not a fan.

I believe Castrol also makes BMW branded oil. On your Guzzi the gearbox oil is separate, so will not affect shifting.

Their power RS seems to work well. Engine does not feel sluggish and stiff on these 40 degree mornings like 20W50 Valvoline racing I used to use.

Rod

Changed the oil yesterday as I am putting the bike away for winter. Love the red color of the oil. Made it easy to see the oil level in the view window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back