GM Spending Big Money on EV Production Plants

People are so satisfied with their traditional rides, they'll be glad to just see a little front grille escalation every now and then, safe in the knowledge that increased efforts are made elsewhere without too much share across the land. The more downsizing of drivetrains (till whatever comes next), the less need for sesquialteral frontal area every three years :)

People are so satisfied with their traditional rides, they'll be glad to just see a little front grille escalation every now and then, safe in the knowledge that increased efforts are made elsewhere without too much share across the land. The more downsizing of drivetrains (till whatever comes next), the less need for sesquialteral frontal area every three years :)

Could you please repost that in English?

Thanks

The mentioned resources, subsidies,.. will of course have to be massively redistributed, not too hard to grasp. Much dinosaur-research et al. can be discarded as much too specific and thereby free up minds etc. pp. for less overcome occupation ;-)

From looking at just a vehicle front: Look at it as sufficiently matured, go for the next 50hp increase of a Duramax and let GM survive from discarding this and pursuing that.

The mentioned resources, subsidies,.. will of course have to be massively redistributed, not too hard to grasp. Much dinosaur-research et al. can be discarded as much too specific and thereby free up minds etc. pp. for less overcome occupation ;-)

Seriously, you actually believe this?

You funney ;-) What did you think made GM stop its CT6 so early? Have ZF discard development of all old school transmissions or MB entertain people for threads on the interwebs about some "new strategy"? Causes the faculties around Stuttgart "beim Daimler" and between VAGPorsche and Bosch to crumble these days – for yesterday's juniors that won't turn the corner? Shifting just shifts of folks at some wrenches?

You funney ;-) What did you think made GM stop its CT6 so early? Have ZF discard development of all old school transmissions or MB entertain people for threads on the interwebs about some "new strategy"? Causes the faculties around Stuttgart "beim Daimler" and between VAGPorsche and Bosch to crumble these days – for yesterday's juniors that won't turn the corner? Shifting just shifts of folks at some wrenches?

Not funny, just grounded in reality.

To your question, they are doing as any "for profit' company must ( if it wants to survive)- it assigns assets to investigate new markets and enter them according to the business model. This will happen until the "item" proves itself ( one way or the other).

Other than that, its not an endorsement, indication of validity or future performance or anything else.

Remember, this "technology" is over a century old and has been plowed many times- physics has not changed.

What has changed is the political climate ( and the money and press that goes with it) combined by the "bleating of the sheeple" who lack adequate STEM knowledge to realize that no matter how much they scream at the sky, what they want and "believe' simply is not reality.

Reactions: 4WD
I won't ask you to, but if you were about to overthink, you might see that physics in the end might have to accept garbage trucks without ICE. Exemplary Mazda may be doing wrong currently with its MX-30 over here, primarily because of the range extender coming late. But yes, we'll have to see what the particular approach can do in this year's or next year's market. Either way. Who am I to judge and who are you? From just enjoying your endeavours?
The car is serious with just its range of 200 km or so. While the endeavours are hilarious. Perpetual endeavours to indentify electric fate with some, I don't know, 600 miles minimum of range from one charge (together with a megawatts at hand and front and rear end...) and the like as if one vehicle thanks to its ICE and Wilco! ever performed each and every role. Some owners are having ernestestest troubles to wrap their mind around an Otto instead of a Diesel or the other way round. So yes, there's always people for all kinds of literature, certified STEM or else :) Some even in stay behind organizations, remains to be bet...

Last edited:
Either way. Who am I to judge and who are you? From just enjoying your endeavours?

This isn't a beauty or popularity contest and nobody is "judging' anything.

I am making a fact based evaluation based in hard science and physics regarding the feasibility and performance ceilings of a given technology and its subsequent application.

Those 2 are not the same

What performance ceilings? Of quick charging rates for every battery to come? Of the human mind and its degrees of freedom? All in the light of mobility and more to be changed? Beauty contests with essays around straw man fallacies and lower grades...

What performance ceilings?

Range, payload, size, functionality, lifecycle cost, zero based total value etc. ( all as compared to current ICE technology and cot to produce energy in a 1:1 relationship)

Of quick charging rates for every battery to come?

Yes, that's on the list as compared for the time required for a 'fill up".

Of the human mind and its degrees of freedom?

non sequitur

All in the light of mobility and more to be changed?

nonsensical

Beauty contests with essays around straw man fallacies and lower grades...

I would like for you to specifically point out and espouse upon any 'alleged' straw man argument you think I have used.

Will point to one of your next ones, I'm not going to skim the piled up from recent performances. But do better from now on to not make it look like an "ironic" one within a few entries.

I think folks who don’t have actual dollars on the table should show some patience and recognition that this change is happening … but pushing it too fast will lead to monetary waste and not being prepared for hazardous waste.
Seems that large cities can benefit from EV in different ways than those of us that don’t live in those cities.
Not supporting fast & forced change does not mean one does not support efforts to change.
You can even admire Tesla a few years before owning one … IMO, they will need to get the cost down at some point.

If leaders really want to support what EV can do for mankind … I’d ask Overkill to meet & greet some up that way to show them the other side of this noble endeavor …

Will point to one of your next ones, I'm not going to skim the piled up from recent performances. But do better from now on to not make it look like an "ironic" one within a few entries.

I don't have the slightest idea of what you just said ( or tried to), could you please translate?

If leaders really want to support what EV can do for mankind …

That's the whole point, they don't. This is not and never has been about the "benefit' to mankind or the planet.

This is about domination- no different when Lenin said the same things.

If this "technology" was a true viable replacement for all things dino/energy then every country and company would be solidly engaged in the pursuit of profit and economic supremacy. It isn't, never has been or will be- they know that.

At best it will be a niche thing ( a legitimate one) that is more beneficial and applicable to heavily urban areas than others.

A lot of people confuse "going through the expected motions" for a photo/political op with a legitimate dedicated effort to achieve a desired goal. "Prestidigitation" really didn't make "matter' disappear- it simply tricked the standard senses.

The "ultimate goal" of green is the destruction of the free market economy and domination- don't believe anything to the contrary based on pseudoscience and propaganda.

Remember, "Solyndra" and all the others didn't "fail" because the were scientifically valid, cost effective and actually worked.

Lets look at all the facts, not just the cherry picked ones to present the whole case and see what shape it takes.

You better do better.... You may also always just ask me to put something another way, but there'll be not much of a chance of me laughing at you because of becoming your puppet made from one of your socks. Really, you're not half as interesting as you seem to expect, but it's somewhat interesting how you're not 1/4 as interested in future as you think you are. Look,

when I'm just scrolling through an older catalogue on a tablet right now, I'd say I have expectations myself. I'd for example expect the 2019 issue
to be about as entertaining when read as a catalogue of potentials, high potentials,.. you name it. And as lots of pages to turn. Beliefs, you asked? No, not just beliefs. Expectations. Those two are not the same. And lots of subjects will just get to know their frames, some in 2021, some in 2022.
What's feared is the kid, the loss of control, as i recently explained. It's never Tesla of course and it's never the "Zahnarztsackgasse". Zahnarztsackgasse in German would be another word for framing, you know?

Last edited:
You better do better.... You may also always just ask me to put something another way, but there'll be not much of a chance of me laughing at you because of becoming your puppet made from one of your socks. Really, you're not half as interesting as you seem to expect, but it's somewhat interesting how you're not 1/4 as interested in future as you think you are. Look,

when I'm just scrolling through an older catalogue on a tablet right now, I'd say I have expectations myself. I'd for example expect the 2019 issue
to be about as entertaining when read as a catalogue of potentials, high potentials,.. you name it. And as lots of pages to turn. Beliefs, you asked? No, not just beliefs. Expectations. Those two are not the same. And lots of subjects will just get to know their frames, some in 2021, some in 2022.
What's feared is the kid, the loss of control, as i recently explained. It's never Tesla of course and it's never the "Zahnarztsackgasse". Zahnarztsackgasse in German would be another word for framing, you know?

Well, now that you put it that way, it makes perfect sense. (I guess) I don't think I can come up with an effective counter argument to that ( whatever that is)

Well, now that you put it that way, it makes perfect sense. (I guess) I don't think I can come up with an effective counter argument to that ( whatever that is)
Best do best and stop the feeding under this bridge to nowhere 😳

It might be best for you to go back and learn the rest of it
I have my schedule planned the way I want it thank you. I did learn about being rude to others just for no reason somewhere along the line too. I think it was from my mother. She also taught be humble and don't put on airs. We are all in this together here on earth, try to be kind to one another.

Here is the Prius run down I learned from. Every EV has it's own motor design, some are better than others.
The Prius Prime battery, Toyota says, is "designed to last the life of the car." It has a decent buffer on top and bottom. He also tears down the Bolt and makes the calculations comparing the Spark EV motor to the Bolt. The Spark has a much more powerful motor but the Bolt puts more torque to the wheels due to gearing. Cheers.

Back