Gloves

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use blue nitrile gloves. If I know it will be a messy job, then I'll use a pair of blue nitriles and then put a mechanix type glove over top of the blue nitriles. As already mentioned a lot of times the blue nitriles start to fall apart.

Of course I also have some of the cherry gel hand cleaner when it's needed.

Originally Posted By: supton
eljefino, have you tried the even cheaper latex ones?

I broke down far from home and fixed my car in a Lowes parking lot. All they had for sale were those latex/plastic painters gloves. Hated them, but they kept me clean. Too slimy feeling. I guess I could "feel" slightly better but I don't do much detail work.

I will at times wear 'rubber gloves', for certain jobs, but not too often. I have a number of the Rugged Wear(RW) from Menards in a couple sizes and uses. When the 'greasy' pairs get too greasy, I'll use liquid Tide. I discovered 'glove use' when a GM wrench pal gave me a pair in later years after I'd been 'giving blood' on many jobs.

I also have the black gloves from HF and they work great. Very thick, durable and (if one wants) reusable. I am just finishing a box of the thinner ones too.. They were good for filter dissections, but no labor whatsoever. They always ripped on me.

I also have a pair of the red HF mechanics gloves.

In my years as a generator mechanic, I started using the Mechanix gloves in the cold weather and saw some merit.
Now, I have a couple of pairs on hand most of the time. Cleaner ones get worn on cleaner jobs in cold weather, dirty ones will get worn on brake and suspension work in any weather.
I do not like plastic gloves at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back