Glock owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
No link, but you are more than welcome to do your own research on glock 19 models which were converted to 9x21 instead of 9x19.

When I noticed the additional proof on the barrel, I called glock, I was assured it would handle smg rounds with ease. Some of ehich break the 40k psi barrier.

No need to do additional research. Glock didn't make any special guns to handle higher pressure. Run of the mill Glocks will handle 40K. Which is what my .357 Sig runs at. 9x21 is certainly nothing special in the power department that would require a beefed up gun. It was designed to sell in markets that banned civilians from using military calibers. I believe Glock makes factory guns for those markets.

Originally Posted By: hatt
I'm going to need a link showing these special "+p++" Glocks.

I, too, have not heard of the "+p++" proofing ... Never once in my 19 years as a Glock certified armorer has this come up in any of my training sessions; we have to recertify every 3 years, so I have been so exposed six times now. I will try to call the tech line some time this week and get an answer. However, I'd need to see a credible picture of such markings to at least even start to believe it.

As a side note, the Glock brand takes its quality so seriously that the ones made in GA are made on the very same brands of machines as those in Austria. So much the "same" that even the power supply (North American) is converted for voltage and frequency PRIOR to entry into the facility, so that the identical machines can run 100% as those in the European electrical grid. While I have not personally toured the facillity, this came from a source I trust who, as an armorer trainer, has toured and viewed for himself. Once inside the building, you'd never know you were not in Austria because all equipment is identical and operated to the very same specifications, right down to the power supply.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Indydriver
Hard to argue with 14 rounds of .40 cal.

32.gif
Unless it is 15 rounds of .45ACP
grin.gif

Glock 26 gen 4 is my every day gun.. its not pretty (my 1911 is) its not super leightweight (my S$W body guard is) its not even the most comfortable in my had (My H&K USP .45 is) However its reliable as the day is long and id trust my life with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back