Glock owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a G20 (?) and like it, but 10mm chamberings are not all that common these days, and the Glock is about the only reasonably priced 10mm available locally.

When they did the fish gill slides a few years back, I picked up the set of four 17, 19, (22?) and 23, but I'll probably never get around to shooting them.

I shot a guy's 23 at the range one time and liked it quite a bit. I like the way the 19 and 23 hold in the hand. Otherwise, I'm Glock indifferent, though, for the most part.

There are a lot better weapons out there for the same price, imo, the Walther P99AS beats a Glock like a full house beats two of a kind, but that's what makes it fun - everyone has their own likes and dislikes.

Have a G21, and two G31s.

Don't care how a pistol looks, just want it to shoot when I pull the trigger.....until the mag is empty. Glocks do this exceedingly well... in almost any condition.

Trigger bothered me a bit in the gun shop, but with live rounds in it, doesn't bother me...much. Replaced the connectors with 3lb ZEV V4s.

Bought the Glock 26 today!! I love it!!
cheers3.gif

I've had my Glock 21 since they came out in the early 90's. Tens of thousands of rounds through it over the years, with no issues.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Is your CZ difficult to de-cock?

No; they have ambi de-cockers on them (at least the polymer Omega models do) and they work like a champ. Just push the momentary lever down and the hammer comes forward to the half-cocked position. You can also change it out for a manual safety if you prefer cocked-and-locked.

I own a few. Carry the G36 a lot.
Many great pistols out there nowadays, but you cannot go wrong with a Glock.

JP

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
Originally Posted By: SuzukiGoat
A lot of people dont like them because they arent American made, and thet arent the prettiest.

Glock now makes some models in America.

Yeah, the models that dont easily meet importstion requirements are assembled here.

I prefer my true austrian I scored when someone eas just being elected... extra proofing stamp.

Holy grail for me is an original 17. Smooth grips, terrible hand feel and all.

That, and a norinco 1911. But that would be to build off of.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I`d like to hear from all Glock owners to tell me what you think about them.

If you really want an honest perspective, you should ask the Sig, M&P, and 1911 guys to chime in.

Originally Posted By: Gabe
I`d like to hear from all Glock owners to tell me what you think about them.

If you really want an honest perspective, you should ask the Sig, M&P, and 1911 guys to chime in.

I am all of those, and an H&K guy as I mentioned in my post.

So, if you're looking for objectivity...

+1 for the G26. . .a nice, fairly-priced, reliable concealable, accurate, easily maintained, easy-to-shoot handgun. I personally carry a G23 and sometimes a G27. . .I just prefer the .40 cal over the 9mm, but the 9mm will serve you well as a self-defense caliber. You can't really go wrong with a Glock.

Choosing a handgun is very much a personal preference, as we'd all agree. There are two sets of criteria to consider; subjective and objective inputs must be reviewed.

Subjective items will always be a blend of ergonomics, control, cost, asthetics, etc. Most of this is dependent upon the individual because what "feels" right to one is awkward to another. Cost, too, is subjective in terms of "affordability" because every has a different threshold for what's "expensive" and "cheap". What you may find ugly, I find endearing. Etc, etc ...

There are also objective parameters we can view. I find these to be paramount:
1) safety
2) reliability
3) accuracy

Glocks are probably one of the, if not most, reliable products in stock form. They are stupid simple to operate, have three passive safties, and are way more accurate than the human holding them. They command a huge presence in both the civilian and LE markets for these very reasons. Their design is legendary; they take the KISS theory to a whole new level.

The OP has found what he likes, and it satisfies his critera; nothing wrong with that.

Glocks are good pistols, but some can be problematic and require tuning. My model 23 jammed all the way to 1700 rounds, when I finally sent it back to the factory. Mostly failures to feed. Got it back and it works fine. It also works well with the 9mm conversion barrel.

My G30 has never had feeding issues, but has a bad brass-to-face/head problem. And it's wonderfully accurate. More accurate for me than the 23. Neither, however, is as accurate for me as my Colt 1911.

I like the Glocks because of the high round counts, ease of maintenance, and they aren't going to rust when I sweat all over it carrying it in the summer.

Great responses guys,keep em coming!!
cheers3.gif

Another question. Recommendations on a good carry holster and case.

Milt Sparks Versa-Max II for IWB, Blade-Tech Eclipse for OWB. I used to think my VM2 was the be-all, end-all, but I find myself wearing the Eclipse more and more.

The OEM case is fine for carrying it to the range. If you need a secure lockbox for the nightstand, check out the offerings from V-Line.

My 26 shoots well with Hornady Critical Duty 135gr, standard pressure. My spare mag is a G19 mag, fits and works fine in the 26.

I'm going to be in the minority here...

I've owned two Glocks. A 19 which I sold several years ago, and a 20 which I bought more recently. Both these glocks had problems out of the box, which in both cases (coincidentally) was feeding issues related to bad mag followers. Switching to different versions of magazine followers fixed the issues in both cases. Once fixed, the 19 was very reliable. The same goes for my 20... no issues once fixed.

This should serve as an example.... Always thoroughly test any defensive firearm - long before you need it in a defensive situation!

Anyway... I like glocks for home defense and other potential defensive situations, but I personally enjoy shooting them a bit less than other types such as HKs and 1911s.

While Id say...if there was a gun to my head...Id hope it was a hipoint. If there was a gun in my hand...Id hope it was a glock.

I have a 26 with the Pierce grip magazine plates. Seems to eat everything I feed it and plenty accurate though I'm going to upgrade the sights on mine. Mine was made in Georgia and there is no advantage to buying an Austrian made one. Same proofing, same reliability, same accuracy, same great customer service, just a few different stamps on the frame and slide that make absolutely no difference in function.

Not entirely true.

A very small number were stamped with a proof noting approval for +p++ rounds as opposed to +p+.

A very small issue, but a diference.

I wasnt saying austrians are superior to the georgia models as a whole, merely that there was a certain period in 2007 where some glocks were proofed for higher pressure rounds. Maybe they all are, but those few models are the only ones carrying that specific stamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back